General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why doesn't this work.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 12 Jan 2024 22:36

When I click on someone in my tree and apparently have a given number of matches but it doesn't actually come up with any, what am I doing wrong please.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jan 2024 00:28

I haven't looked at my tree o here for a few years, however, it seems if you:

Click on name then on 'Genes Reunited' tab at the top, it will give you the names of others with this person in your tree.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 13 Jan 2024 09:55

I sometimes get this, and suspect that the supposed match has changed their tree.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 13 Jan 2024 12:24

Just tried my tree which I haven't looked at in a while. When I opened my tree It opened in a new tab and I clicked on the contacts and then the view button then I went back to the 1st tab and the list is there. I am on a laptop using chrome.

Annx

Annx Report 13 Jan 2024 13:42

Thank you for that Maggie. I had thought they'd just stopped showing them when I tried a while ago. Now that's the afternoon gone with me looking at them all! :-D :-D

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Jan 2024 16:21

I haven't bothered looking at supposed matches for many years.

They're just people who happen to have the same name, and were born in the same year, as the person in your tree.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jan 2024 00:55

Some of my "matches" didn't even have the same name, or birth year, or place of birth ............ and once not even any of the 3!

I haven't looked at them for many years as a consequence!