General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I contact someone I've found

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 30 Jan 2024 23:50

Hi inthink ive found details of my brother and want to send a message but can't seem to find out where
Thanks
Sally

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 31 Jan 2024 08:32

Do you mean on here. If so, click on the name eg Sally. If they are still members the box that opens will show the name.
You can then send a pm. If they have kept their email address up to date then Genes will notify them.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 31 Jan 2024 09:02

Do you mean he has posted on a GR board? If so, follow Nameslessone's advice - click on his name in green at the top of his post, and send a message.

Do you mean you have found his name in "Search all member trees" (under "Search" at top right of this page) ?
Click on "Find out more" to the right of the entry, and send a message to the tree "owner" - whether that's your brother or someone else.

If you've found him on Electoral Rolls (under "Search"), click on the document symbol to the right of the entry to see the full address, and if he's listed there recently, try sending a letter in case he's still living there.

If you've "found details" in some other way, please be specific so that we can help you.