General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Awful advert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 21 Feb 2024 12:26

Surely the advert for Pot Noodles showing a girl noisily slurping them must be one of the most appalling one ever made? The noise, supposedly echoing round the whole building is just dreadful. What an example to set to anyone, much less children. I have never consumed one and certainly won't now! Yuk!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Feb 2024 12:48

It is revolting isn't it?

Maddie

Maddie Report 21 Feb 2024 12:50

so sick of tacky adverts i am wearing my remote out flicking to other channels whilst the adverts are on.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 21 Feb 2024 14:05

Yes it is disgusting! So much for promoting healthy heating...not

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 21 Feb 2024 15:54

There was a bit in the newspaper about this ad this morning.

Is it supposed to be funny?

If so, I have had a humour bypass. :-0 :-0

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 21 Feb 2024 21:18

Glad it's not just me being a grumpy old lady!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 21 Feb 2024 21:26

lol healhy heating! I meant eating :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 22 Feb 2024 07:25

I feel sorry for that poor kid who wants the washing up bottle to make a rocket. His father just stares at him (not being paid to speak obviously)

Give him the bottle you miserable beggars. :-( :-(

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Feb 2024 12:26

MTG :-D :-D :-D :-D Yes I always feel sorry for the lad too!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Feb 2024 23:05

Pot Noodles ad makes me retch.
As for the fairy liquid bottle - do these people really put them in the bin imediately?
I've got a little pile of things to put in the recycling bin - and on my compost heap, but I'll be blowed if I'm going to get soaked just to do that! (days and days of rain)

I just about manage to throw bird seed on the grass for the birds - no point in refilling the bird feeders - they just get wet, and the seed solidifies.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 23 Feb 2024 07:55

Or the anti-ageing creams. The girls advertising them are either about 12 years old, or women tweaked up to the eyeballs.

Use this cream and you too will have line free faces. Yeh right.
;-) ;-)

Lines mean you have lived. :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Feb 2024 11:05

Maggie, in my kitchen we have 2 reusable bags, one for organic(cardboard mainly) and the other for plastic, paper and tins. When they are full, daughter takes them outside and empties into correct bins and if its raining hard( last few days) it stays by the back door until its dry!

I don't have anything to hang bird feeders on so I sprinkle wild bird seed all over my back lawn to feed the birds.

MTG anti wrinkle cream will never get rid of wrinkles! They use words like,"improve, reduce fine lines" so if it doesn't work you can't complain.

Yes lines do mean you have lived(partied lol)

I use a good moisturiser and drink plenty of water :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 23 Feb 2024 11:24

I have smiled and laughed....................a lot! :-D :-D

And when did crows feet become laughter lines :-S :-D :-D ;-)

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 11 Apr 2024 15:29

I see that awful advert is now silent with a caption saying that due to adverse comments they are no longer having the slurping sound on it. Good, but I do wonder if it was all deliberate anyway to get it noticed one way or another? Still won't buy any tho !

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Apr 2024 16:48

Did any of you apply for compensation from Pot Noodle?!

I've only just noticed this (and it's on various other websites).
Too late to apply now, and anyway I don't use X (Twitter).

https://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/were-you-offended-by-pot-noodles-latest-tv-ad-heres-how-to-claim-your-compensation-4586277

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 12 Apr 2024 11:37

I'm actually beginning to suspect it really was a clever advertising campaign to raise awareness of their awful product? So I suppose it worked in that respect but not for me thank you!