General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dave Myers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Feb 2024 10:18

Dave Myers, best known as one half of the Hairy Bikers, has died at the age of 66, according to a statement from his co-star Si King on social media

How sad, I thought he was recovering
R.I.P

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Feb 2024 10:24

Oh nooo. I thought he was doing well in recovery.

Oh this is very sad indeed

R.I.P Dave

Von

Von Report 29 Feb 2024 10:45

Very sad

I thought he was recovering too <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Feb 2024 11:08

I guess that is what he wanted people to think

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 29 Feb 2024 11:20

I agree with you AnninGlos, my friend was like that, the only person she told was me, she had stomach cancer and made me promise not to tell anyone, not even her family I didn't but it was difficult.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Feb 2024 11:48

He didn't actually disclose what type of caner he had publicly.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 29 Feb 2024 12:37

Yes very sad news, I also thought he was recovering as had seen him on tv when he was talking about their show.

The Hairy Bikers was one of the only cooking programmes I liked to watch.

R.I.P. Dave.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 Feb 2024 13:45

I am sorry to read this news.
He and Si seemed to really enjoy buying local food and cooking it at their various locations.
I had hoped that he was doing well, but noticed in the recent series, that he seemed to be resting more :-(

R.I.P Dave