General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Facebook, worldwide outage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Mar 2024 15:40

Issue with FB, so don't be surprised if you try to get on and it doesn't recognise password, no point in changing that as it's still not recognising it.

Island

Island Report 5 Mar 2024 15:47

Ah..... that would explain the cookies jibberish blocking me from signing in - I never sign out so was suspicious.
Thanks Rose

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Mar 2024 15:50

Island I was just about to post on the FMP forum when it suddenly went. son checked his and was the same so have to just wait and see, There's a 'breaking news' item on the Daily Mail, Instagram also down not that I use it.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 5 Mar 2024 15:51

Thanks, I thought it was me.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 5 Mar 2024 16:41

I just got into my FB account! I wondered what was going on when it didn't recognise my password - thought it was me :-0

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Mar 2024 16:49

Oh my, imagine what the youngsters will do without FB? Maybe they will have to actually talk to their friends in person! ;-)

Island

Island Report 5 Mar 2024 16:51

I'm back in :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Mar 2024 17:00

Thanks, I will see if I can get into mine. It really is handy to have as I talk a lot on there to extended family, helps with keeping up on news of new baby ( I'm a great aunt ...how to feel old in just two words!).

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Mar 2024 17:05

I just got in ok.

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Mar 2024 17:40

I'm in ok :-)

I use FB most to access some of the groups, after GR went so quiet I was pleased when FMP started a forum, and though I don't moderate on it now I do like to help where I can. I also watch their live videos, which started up during covid and gave those at home something to look forward to several days a week.

And there is a group from the college I went to in Wales, it's not that everyone spends a lot of time on it, but it's nice to hear how people I knew there are doing and read memories of their time there, good times.
:-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Mar 2024 17:43

Oh my island, might have known you would jump down my throat. Goodness me it was just a wee joke aimed at the younger generation.

Yes I'm fully aware of how it is good for people living on their own and keeping in contact with family far away. I don't have FB because when I was working, it might have put me in some difficult situations!

Wasn't meant to offend anyone at all, sorry if I did. :-(

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 5 Mar 2024 19:00

I had to talk to my OH for a full 2 hours Florence :-D :-D ;-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Mar 2024 19:27

:-D :-D :-D Ann

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Mar 2024 20:02

Island, I don't have an other half either and quite often days go by without speaking or seeing anyone! But I find other ways to keep busy.

Foggy

Foggy Report 5 Mar 2024 20:11

Girls, behave now and play nicely. ;-) ;-)

Island

Island Report 5 Mar 2024 20:25

Sorry Florence, I didn't know you were recently widowed too.

Shut it Foggy ;-) Girls? I wish!
How are you? :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Mar 2024 22:22

Worldwide outage

I was doing research on the Canadian BHC site when it went down
Messenger went too

Several Canadian members came back later and said they were out for a couple of hours

Sister to in Canada messaged me when she finally got in

I thought it was just me and my iPad had gone orf !., :-(

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Mar 2024 18:51

I don't think many kids noticed FB being out but Instagram it was more likely they noticed :-) Well thankfully it's all back up and running and we all survived.