General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marie The snowy scot 's thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 22 Jan 2005 14:44

I,ve met a lot of very nice people on here, so I just pop in now and again . I live in a town called coatbridge which is , just 10 miles outside Glasgow .... Where are you all from ???

John

John Report 24 Nov 2012 03:32

Hi Marie, I just saw your old (2005) entry. My name is John L. Egan I live in New Jersey. My father,James, was born in Glasgow in 1911 and grew up in Coatbridge. His moter was born in Coatbridge in 1882 and lived there until 1929 when she came to America with 3 sons James,John, & Patrick and 1 daughter Mary. My g-grandparents lived in Shotts both born in Ireland place unknown and married in January 1862 in Wishaw. Do you know how far that is from Shotts or why they would have traveled that far when Coatbridge is closer

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 24 Nov 2012 10:46

This thread is over 7 years old :-D :-D :-D :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 24 Nov 2012 18:11

Blimey! did someone wake up sleeping beauty?

John

John Report 7 Jun 2014 04:54

You can tell I haven't been using this site very often. I haven't had much luck here. Iti only waited a yr & a half this this time.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Jun 2014 06:21

rofl

:-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jun 2014 08:50

Well good morning to all past and present. Keep trying John you will eventually catch up with yourself and us :-D :-D :-D