General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Matthews/Phillips Wales.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 26 Dec 2004 22:15

Hi there, my name is Alison Harrison nee Broadhurst. I was married to Alwyn George Matthews born 12/01/1962 in Tylerstown, Rhondda, Wales, however, we are now divorced and we both have remarried. I am not researching this line, but as a member requested info, i have decided to put in what i know of, as this may help other members. Alwyn's father is Albert George Matthews born 08/01/1939, Tylerstown, Rhondda, Wales. His father i knew as Lawrence Matthews born in Rhondda, he married twice, i think his first wife went by the name of Miriam Elwell, but she deserted the family when the children were young. When i knew Lawrence which was between 1981 and 1987 which was the year Lawrence died i think, he was living in Bridgend. Children were, William, then two children died early, no names given, Lawrence, Albert, Sylvia, Thomas, Jimmy, and twins Graham and Jessy. Graham was killed in a car crash with his wife, leaving two young children. Albert married Valerie Maud Philips 03 September 1960. Valerie's birth was 18 Feb, 1942 Ferndale, Rhondda, Wales. They had 3 children, Tanya 05 Feb 1961, Alwyn 12 Jan 1962, and Robert 29? Jan 1963. They moved to Staffordshire in 1972. Sadly Valerie Died end of June this year. (2004) Valerie's father went by the name of William George Phillips, born 1895. Died 07/06/1943. Known to suffer from Epilepsy. He married Elizabeth Jane Lewis born 12/12/1901. She died 24/12/1993 in Tylerstown. They had 11 children. William, Bronwen, Kathryn, Evan, Mary, Margery, Mirriam, June, Maureen aka Molly, Alwyn, and Valerie. I do know that Mary, June, Molly, and Alwyn are still living, and all except June who resides in America are still living in Wales. Evan died as a young lad. Unsure of others. Hope all are enjoying your xmas, happy new year and good hunting. Alison Harrison nee Broadhurst.