Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!
- The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
- You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
- And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
- The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.
Single word search
- New posts
- No new posts
- Thread closed
- Stickied, new posts
- Stickied, no new posts
|Profile||Posted by||Options||Post Date|
|Natalie||Report||29 Mar 2004 13:15|
1. How can you arrange for two people to stand on the same piece of newspaper and yet be unable to touch each other without stepping off the newspaper? 2. How many 3-cent stamps are there in a dozen? 3. A rope ladder hangs over the side of a ship. The rungs are one foot apart and the ladder is 12 feet long. The tide is rising at four inches an hour. How long will it take before the first four rungs of the ladder are underwater? 4. Which would you rather have, a trunk full of nickels or a trunk half full of dimes? 5. Steve has three piles of sand and Mike has four piles of sand. If they put them all together, how many do they have? 6. In which sport are the shoes made entirely of metal? 7. If the Vice President of the United States should die, who would be President? 8. How can you throw a golf ball with all your might and--without hitting a wall or any other obstruction--have the ball stop and come right back to you? 9. Find the English word that can be formed from all these letters: PNLLEEEESSSSS ANSWERS: 1. Slide the newspaper half way under a closed door and ask the two people to stand on the bit of newspaper on their side of the door. 2. There are twelve (not four). 3. Actually, the ladder will rise with the ship! 4. Dimes are smaller than nickels, so choose the dimes! 5. If they put them all together, there will be one pile. 6. Horse racing. 7. The President. 8. Throw the ball straight up. 9. Sleeplessness Received from Mikey's Funnies.