General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Caroline Coster

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Mar 2003 21:44

Love the site. Love the new layout. A couple of suggestions Is it possible to make some information private so that it does not show up on searches. For example, I haven't put my daughters' names on my tree, because I have huge reservations about other people being able to find their full names, dates and places of birth through a search. This does go against guidelines used by most genealogy sites, which state that such information should not be revealed about people who are still alive. Is it possible to link names within a tree? For example, my grandma and her sister married brothers. However, it doesn't seem to be possible to link my great aunt to her father (who I have already entered as my grandma's father). Appreciate the problems caused by so many people trying to access the site at once - hope (in a way) that it eases off soon, as I can't seem to add all the names to my tree. (I don't want to upload my gedcom because it contains details for people who are living). Thanks for all your hard work. Caroline