General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Doreen Ridden

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 1 Feb 2003 15:08

This site is fairly new to me. Most of the site it great and easy to use. However, like some of the other guest comments I am a little confused. Here are two of my comments - constructive of course. 1. Not all the branches of the tree show up. I spent ages tying in family names to find that they are not showing. The main branch of the tree shows, but other names I have typed in on branches of the tree should I assume show up. Mine don't. 2.I find it difficult to remove a name when you've made a mistake. I've typed in the same person three times in different boxes - it seems to hiccup a lot, and now I can't remove them without going back to the very beginning. I've also got a parent next to a child on the tree line. I didn't type it like that it just appeared! I've tried doing what the helpline says but it doesn't work. The wonders of technology!! The idea of family trees is a great one, especially to find lost relatives etc., but there are certainly a few glitches in the system still which somebody needs to iron out. On the up-beat side - I've just found a new relation, so I am very happy.