General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tony Rees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tony

Tony Report 31 Jan 2003 14:15

A distant relative has sent me a list of ancestors (Herberts) going back to the battle of Agincourt (at which two of them - probably - were knighted) - and I've been able to check it our from another source: I think it is on the level. Ii am not notably proud of this gang (one of them tried to assassinate my hero, Owain Glyndw^r) and am quite pleased that an illegitiimacy back in the C17 gives me a cut-out point, if I want it. It does raise the question, though, what you do if you have no DoB's whatever, though the tree itself looks valid. Stuffing the whole herd in someone's 'Notes' seems like unkindness to dumb Herberts. What to do? Tony