General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Support thread for safe return of Madeleine McCann

Page 7 + 1 of 13

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 19 Oct 2007 22:12

In my thoughts and prayers, too.

love

Daff xxx

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 27 Oct 2007 22:05

177 days now since Madeleine went missing. Thinking of her and her family.

Also thinking of someone who came to see me at work the other day, wanting to trace a member of his family. One feels helpless at times; all I could do was tell him about the work of the Salvation Army Tracing Service, and give him the leaflet about it.

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 27 Oct 2007 22:31

So long and not really any further forward

Poor little lost soul

Thinking of the family on holiday in Majorca too, little girl of 7 injured and Mum found in the cave. What on earth are the father ,son and daughter going through at the moment.

Such sadness

Puts your own life into perspective somehow

Linda

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 Nov 2007 10:10

Thinking of all those away from loved ones; especially right now Madeleine McCann and her family, six months now since she went missing.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 19 Nov 2007 21:05

Being a Monday evening, I think of those voluntarily helping on the "meal run", and of the homeless people whom they are helping, separated from their families for whatever reason.
Also, of Madeleine McCann and her family; more reports of a sighting, but no positive news. God bless them all.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 25 Nov 2007 19:36

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7111855.stm

Dominic Maynard, 19, of Bridport, was last seen on 17 November when he dropped his girlfriend off at her home in the Wyke Regis area of Weymouth. Later in the evening he phoned his parents from a payphone in Bournemouth. Penny and Paul Maynard said they have been handing out pictures of their son in the town all week to try and find out what has happened to him. Dorset Police have renewed their appeal for public help to find Dominic, who left home after a family argument.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Nov 2007 19:54

hope in our hearts for the safe return of little Madeleine and prayers for contuing strength of her Mum and Dad

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 25 Dec 2007 01:22

The first Christmas away from her family - still praying for the safe return of Madeleine.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Dec 2007 01:28

It must be so awful if she is still alive but with people she doesn't want to be with, bless her, I keep thinking how her little mind must be so confused.
Special thoughts for her and all missing children, and anyone apart from their families like this.
Lizx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Dec 2007 10:17

me too! Poor sweet little Maddie and poor family - do hope this is all brought to a conclusion soon - Ann XX

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 25 Dec 2007 10:25

Still thinking of that poor little girl.

Marion

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 25 Dec 2007 11:27

Taking time out to think of Maddie and her family and hoping 2008 will see a happy conclusion to their terrible ordeal.

Jean x.

(`•¿•`) Loopy § Lady Ŀindy (`•¿-`)

(`•¿•`) Loopy § Lady Ŀindy (`•¿-`) Report 25 Dec 2007 13:23

You've said, Jean! A happy ending would be a great present, even if it is late.

Lindy
xxx

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 25 Dec 2007 13:30

Hoping where ever this little girl is that she is safe-
and that she is brought back to her family
catherine
xx

Just Jill x

Just Jill x Report 25 Dec 2007 17:31

I would like to echo those sentiments.
God Bless Madeleine and her parents.

RStar

RStar Report 25 Dec 2007 20:47

Hoping that someone who knows something or saw something, even if only recently, will come forward. They could even stay anonymous, theres nothing to gain by covering up for the scum.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 8 Jan 2008 21:18

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7177899.stm

It seems that Portuguese prosecutors may wish certain people to be interviewed again. Also, I read that Madeleine's parents are considering a documentary film crew to follow the ongoing search for her.
Still praying for her safe return, and that of other missing children and adults.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Jan 2008 21:21

Would be wonderful is she was found safe and well, as well as could be mentally especially under the circumstances of being snatched from all she knew and loved at such a young age, to old to forget things, too young to do much about her situation.
Positive thoughts for all those missing and parted from their loved ones.
Lizx

Janet

Janet Report 8 Jan 2008 21:37

My prayers and thoughts for Madeleine and her family and for all missing or children and loved ones who are separated from each other.

xxxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jan 2008 21:43

earnestly praying for the safe return of little Maddie and all children who are missing including Ben Needham who is no longer a little boy - may their parents and families have resolution to their torment and suffering
Ann XX