General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Support thread for safe return of Madeleine McCann

Page 9 + 1 of 13

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 24 Mar 2008 11:06

Prayers and positive thoughts for Ben Smythe, aged 10, and his family.

Ben went missing yesterday evening.

Prayers also for all those who are missing, and for their families.

Love

Daff xxx

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 31 Mar 2008 15:12

If you have a moment to spare, please look at the photos - just in case you may have seen any of these missing children. Thank you

http://uk.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/BannerServlet?LanguageCountry=en_GB

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 31 Mar 2008 15:25

prayers for all those missing xx

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 3 Apr 2008 14:53

Prayers that all those missing children find their *safe place* with people who care about them and do not want to hurt them.

Love

Daff xxxx

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 3 Apr 2008 14:54

N XXX

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 18 Apr 2008 19:39

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml?xml=/portal/2008/04/18/ftmissing118.xml

Seven months ago Glenys Gosden's 14-year-old son disappeared, joining the 200,000 people who go missing each year.
The answerphone message at the Gosdens' home begins predictably. "There's no one here to take your call. Please leave..." Then there's a sharp intake of breath and Glenys Gosden's voice falters as she continues: "Andrew, if it's you, please know that we love you, we miss you."

That weekend the police searched the bushes near the Gosdens' home in Doncaster, but found nothing. By Monday, they knew he had taken £250 out of his bank account and had bought a single ticket to King's Cross. Another passenger had seen him on the train, but no one had any idea where the small, bespectacled teenager had gone, or why.

The story of Andrew's disappearance so intrigued Rachel Ford, a television producer, that she is using it to launch Missing Live, a month-long BBC series that highlights individual cases and explores general issues related to the estimated 210,000 people who go missing each year in Britain.

Running away is not a crime, so the hunt for missing people has until now been a low priority for the police and Home Office. But that is changing. A new police-run national database, which has been operating for a few months, will provide hard facts about the ages, genders and movements of the missing.
There are two groups who are most prone to vanishing - young men and older women. Two thirds of runaways are under 18 and the vast majority return within 48 hours. However, the charity Missing People has 6,000 cases on its books.

Depression, illness, marital problems, debt and mental illness - particularly dementia - are the main reasons why adults leave. Some plot an escape; others leave believing their families would be better off without them. They are usually wrong. Even suicide seems easier for relatives to handle than the limbo of not knowing whether someone is dead or alive, living it up on the other side of the world or lying dazed in the gutter. The burden of anger, uncertainty and guilt is hugely destructive.

Children who go missing have often fought with their families, or are plagued by anxieties. But Glenys Gosden cannot fathom why Andrew decided to leave for London. "Our only thought is the Reggie Perrin theory - that, like one of his favourite comic characters, he just wanted to step out of conventional life. He'd just seen his sister get A-stars in her GCSEs and, even though he's just as bright - he's very gifted mathematically - maybe he wanted to step off the treadmill."
Having caused so much pain, he might be frightened of making contact. "I was angry for a time," says Kevin. "I wanted to ask him, 'What is so wrong with a middle-class, middle-income, emotionally supportive family that made you disappear out of the door?' But now I just want to hug him. Our door is always open, the answerphone is always on. Just tell us you are alive."

• 'Missing Live' is on air from April 21 to May16, BBC1, every weekday from 9.15am to 10am.

• Missing People helplines: sightings 0500 700700, runaways 0808 800 7070.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 May 2008 07:59

One year since the disappearance of Madeleine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7381542.stm
The Archbishop of York has written a prayer for Madeleine to mark the anniversary.

Dr John Sentamu wrote: "Keep her safe and take away her fear and anxiety. May your holy angels guard and protect her. We pray that she may be reunited with those who love her. Give hope to all her loved ones and hear our cry for her safe return."

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 3 May 2008 08:14

Thinking of Madeleine and her family....especially today and hoping for her safe return.

Jean x.

LindainBerkshire1736004

LindainBerkshire1736004 Report 3 May 2008 08:18

sitting here with tears in my eyes for all the missing ones.

especially Madeline

a year is such a long time in a childs life

please let her be returned safely

Linda

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 3 May 2008 09:41

Still in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Mary xx

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 3 May 2008 09:50

In my thoughts....hope she finds her way home xxxx

Deanna

Deanna Report 3 May 2008 09:58

Joy, I have been watching that programme on BBC1 in the mornings.

So sad. But as we all know , we can become overwhelmed by a problem which to someone else can seem trivial.

God bless them all.

*Madelaine, bless you darling and mummy and daddy are looking for you.*

Lets hope that some day these children are all returned to their loved ones.

How are these people living from day to day? Such courage as I have not... would be needed.

Deanna XX

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 May 2008 09:58

Thinking of Madeleine and her family.

I know a little boy who is one year old today.
For every day of his parents' joy, that little girl has been missing.

Gwyn

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 3 May 2008 10:05

Maddie is is still in my mind too.

Jac

Jac Report 3 May 2008 18:42

A nudge to remind us all of the children still not where they ought to be - at home, with their parents and siblings.

Jac

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 3 May 2008 18:50

Praying Madeline finds her way home

XX

Rose

Rose Report 3 May 2008 18:57

hoping she is well and safe
.............rosexx.......

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 3 May 2008 19:04

Come home little one,