General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who remember's Jimmy Savile

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Sep 2005 12:49

My husband had to go to Stoke Maderville Hospital this morning , phone me said ' guess who i have just met this morning ' me not having any idea at all , Jimmy Savile he said came up and spoke to him as well lucky thing. Margaretxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Sep 2005 12:53

The year before last, we stayed in a hotel in Bournemouth that was directly opposite the block of flats where Jimmy Savile has a holiday home! But we didn't see him! It was featured on Through the Keyhole a few years ago too. Mandy :)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Sep 2005 13:01

Jimmy has always done a lot of Hospital work,especially with Stoke Mandeville hospital Believe he does lots of hospital visits & tries to bring cheer to the patients. Good on him, Shirley

Natalia

Natalia Report 15 Sep 2005 13:19

I was in a gymnastics display at South Tyneside Leisure Centre. Jimmy was the guest of honour. He stole my thunder by trying to bounce on a trampette right infront of the audience while I was doing my floor routine. My mam was far from happy with him! Natalia x

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Sep 2005 13:20

Always loved watching Jim will fix it programs, Margaret xx

Sarah

Sarah Report 15 Sep 2005 13:29

I remember Jimmy Saville, he has a flat near to where I live which looks out over the sea Sarah, xxx

mynameised

mynameised Report 15 Sep 2005 13:45

now then now then

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 15 Sep 2005 14:07

I remember him from 1966 very well he was the DJ on a Sunday evening for the Top 10 Club at Belle Vue Manchester.He was also the manager at Tiffanys in Manchester which was above a workshop where I worked at the time when we got a delivery he often came downstairs and helped us unload the Van he is a vey nice chap. Dave

Brenda

Brenda Report 15 Sep 2005 14:11

In 1982 my older sister spent the entire summer from early June until mid September being shunted between Stoke Mandeville in Aylsebury and The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. She lost some type of connection from her brain to her limbs and could not walk, thankfully she got over it, it just sort of went away they never understood what it was. Anyway, we saw Jimmy quite a few times at Stoke Mandeville, once he was washing floors, another time he was serving meals with jokes and wisecracks. Once my stepfather and I were wandering around the garden at Stoke Mandeville and we sat down on a park bench, and Jimmy came and sat with us. Very nice and un-assuming bloke, worked very hard for charities, and did all the menial jobs at the hospital when he was there. Brenda

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 15 Sep 2005 14:45

His brother Vince used to live near me and Jimmy was always a lovely person very down to earth. My children loved watching his programme.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Sep 2005 17:52

Jimmy still lives in Leeds near Roundhay Park,He often comes jogging into Otley down the Chevin. Remember him when he was the DJ at the Mecca in Leeds and then he was promoted to Manager.Back in the late 50's/early 60's. He is a GENTLMAN and really down to earth. Sue

marie from stoke

marie from stoke Report 15 Sep 2005 18:42

My dad many years ago as an apprentice mechanic used to service his E Type Jag at a place called Rosenfields and Henlys in Manchester, at the time he would not have anyone else servicing it only my dad. Marie

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Sep 2005 20:04

Came home this evening telling me Jimmy Saville sat drinking tea and chatting and he didnt even think to get his autograph Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Sep 2005 20:30

Now then, now then ... How could anyone forget Jimmy Savile? CB >|<

DAVE B

DAVE B Report 15 Sep 2005 20:32

Hows about Guys and Gals! olaolaol!

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 15 Sep 2005 20:42

all the people on here who have met him from a question of do you remember, so many have lovely storys to tell