Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cuttlebug machine broken

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 29 Sep 2013 22:59

Does anyone have a cuttlebug machine,and had it repaired?
I bought some new die-cuts at the Westpoint craft fair on Friday,just the ones I wanted too.
Thought I would try them out,like you do,I needed to have a little more pressure,silly me, added a thicker card,as it wasn't cutting through completely,and the side of the machine blew out.
I googled cuttlebug repair,and it seems as if this problem happens a lot.
I have had good wear from mine,I bought it about 6 years ago.
Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
I'm lost without my little machine.
boo hoo.
:-( :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Sep 2013 22:19

Not heard of that happening Trish. I must admit I tend to use my Big Shot instead of the cuttlebug as it is a bit easier to use.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 2 Oct 2013 14:34

Sorry Ann for late reply.
Yes apparently it does happen.
I contacted the company who sold me the die,and I have to return it, was told sometimes we have faulty dies , and they don't check everyone.Well they should in my opinion.
I am really annoyed at this,I have returned the die today,I bet they wont even make a gesture of goodwill.Watch this space.
On a good note,hubby said go and buy something else,
so I am now the proud owner of a brand new Sissix Hot shot.
The die still doesn't cut in this one either.
I will let you know how I get on.

:-( :-D