Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dolls house minitures

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 31 Dec 2022 22:06

Any of you ladies out there have dolls houses?

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 4 Jan 2023 11:17

None of you?

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 4 Jan 2023 12:40

There was a dolls house and all its furniture made by my great grandfather and passed down the family ever since. After my daughter had outgrown it I passed it on to a cousin for her daughter and I don't know what happened to it after that. I hope it's somewhere in the extended family but, even if I find it, after 4 generations of children playing with it furniture or equipment left will be too battered for your purposes. But you have brought back a few happy memories for me :-D

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 12 Jan 2023 19:34

Thank you Vera.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Feb 2023 17:00

I have 4, in various stages of dereliction! :-D
Two were bought new, as kits, the other 2 were badly built by someone else, and sold at charity shops.
I also have about 3 chests of drawers full of dolls house 'stuff'.

The first one I bought and built about 20 years ago - that's slowly falling apart.

Moving 2 years ago has ensured the other buildings were all damaged in some way. :-|

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 3 Feb 2023 09:20

I am just building one Mel. I have built several in the past for my 4 grand daughters but this one is for me :-D

Linda

Linda Report 7 Nov 2023 02:28

Hi I am hoping to get one soon, icant wait