Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my birth Father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melissa

Melissa Report 9 May 2011 08:54

I am trying to find John Cooney who worked as a Occupation Health Nurse at Edgar Allen's Steel Foundry in Sheffield, South Yorkshire certainly in 1975. I don't know how old he is or where he comes from but he possibly has links to Bolsover in Derbyshire and possibly worked abroad in Saudi Arabia.

I would welcome any information anyone can offer, I am nearly 35 years old and just learnt last week that the man who my Mum told me was my Dad at the age of 18 isn't. I feel like I have a missing piece, almost like half of my life is missing.

There is a good chance he doesn't know I exist.

Thanks for reading

Melissa