Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOSEPH SZABO AKA OLIVER HORTOBAGYI

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jule

Jule Report 31 May 2011 23:10

Thanks to all who have sent messages regarding my search, i will follow them up when i can as i have been very busy working.

Could anyone please help me. My name is Julie Ann Szabo and I am trying to find my father Joseph Szabo.

He came to England in 1956 after the Hungarian Revolution - I think my father resided in Liverpool where he met my mother Catherine Hadikin (not sure of the year they met ).

My Mum was born April 1936 in Liverpool and I know they where both married on the 17th September 1964.

Both were aged 28 and lived at Brown Street L7 in the South area of Liverpool Toxteth.

I was born June 1965. My father's profession was hotel porter, he was born 1936 in Budapest but he was formerley known as Oliver Hortobagyi.

His Father is known as Siegfried Hortobagyi - his profession was a Policeman .

I know they split up when i was a baby and from what i have been told my father did see me when i was a baby ive never known my father or even seen a picture of him.

I was told his last known wherabouts was in Hove nr Brighton Sussex in 1976 working working in a Hotel.

If anyone could help me please get intouch

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. It would be so nice to find my father and to know my roots and who i am.

Regards

Julie Szabo