Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Calling all Taylors & Smiths & their friends. HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 4 Jun 2011 17:43

Hi thanks for reading this message.

I am looking for Ellen Taylor and her family. I have a marriage certificate that could be MY Ellen Taylor I just need one person someone who knows these people to contacts me:

On day of the marriage in 1940 which took place in the Deptford Registry office, Ellen Smith was 22 years of age when she married Edward Taylor who was 25 years of age.

Edward was a bachelor and his profession was a Cable Hand.
Ellen was a spnsiter and her profession is not stated.

They lived at 6 Ommaney Road, New Cross London.

Ellen's father was William Smith and he was a Forman Baker
Edwards father was John Taylor and he was also a Cable Hand.

The marriage was witnessed by a W G Caslte and a R A Perkins.

I have also got a birth certificate for a Pauline Jean Taylor born in 1941. Mother Ellen Taylor formerly Smith - father Albert Edward Taylor who profession was a Machine operater at a Cable Works. The address on this certificate is 9 Essex Road, Chingford Essex.

It is almost certain that the two above stated certifcates are related.

I believe that Ellen went on to have four more children.

Irene born in appx 1943
Ronald born in appx 1945
Sheila born in appx 1946/7
and Michael John Taylor (myself) born 25th March 1948 in Lewisham Hospital London.

There simply has to be someone out there who knows someone in the family. Understandably using the usual searching channels finding a Smith or a Taylor with limited information is like trying to find a needle in several haystacks. I just hope someone might read this and a huge bell with ring. If so please get in touch asap. I have now been looking for my brother's and sisters for 45 years. Time is against me.

thanks for reading this.

kind regards

James formerly Michael John Taylor