Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for my half sister's father.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 7 Jun 2011 18:30

I am trying to find my half sister's biological father,. We believe that his name is Bob (Robert) Tilyer, or Hilyer, Tiliard ,or Hiliard. He was a soldier, stationed in Dover, (Kent), in 1940/41. He wore a white hackle (feather) in his army cap, so could possibly have been in a Royal Fusilier Regiment or the London Regiment. He was born c1920/23, and came from London we think. He knew he had a daughter and may have tried to make contact in 1943, but my mother had married by then. My sister's name is Jean, her surname then would have been Law, she was born on 10 Mar 1941 and has a special blood group. Sadly our mother died in 1968, so no more information available. Can any one help at all please? Mary S.