Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Noeleen and Janet Shephard

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 30 Aug 2011 14:51

Looking for Noelene and Janet Shepherd daughters of Ernest Henry Shepherd and Elizabeth Maughan Shore. Noelene was born around 1940 and Janet around 1950 in Bankstown NSW Australia . Noeleen was married and widowed but I do not Know her married name she was last heard of in 1992 living with her mother Betty in Gateshead West NSW. Janet was married twice her second husband was a Kevin Hickey I found him but he denies all knowledge of Janet. In 1992 Janet was a nursing instructor in the Army.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 30 Aug 2011 23:25

is the name actually ShephErd?

http://www.ryersonindex.org/

SHEPHERD Ernest Henry
Death notice 07OCT1969
Death 55 late of Bankstown
Sydney Morning Herald 10OCT1969

if you got a copy of the death notice it could have Noeleen's name in it

Brenda

Brenda Report 2 Sep 2011 19:20

Yes that is Noellen and Janets father. I don't think there are electoral Rolls on line if there are I cannot find them

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 2 Sep 2011 19:43

and you saw my suggestion that you obtain a copy of the death notice, which you can do from the link I gave, since it might have Noeleen's married name in it ?

( if born around 1940 she was likely married by 1969 ... her sister also might have been ... )

not as a criticism but to help ... spelling does count when it comes to names

you said ShephArd when it is ShephErd

you have spelt Noeleen's name Noellen now

Brenda

Brenda Report 4 Sep 2011 12:49

I can only go by the info I am giving regards spellings of names. I have today been in touch with a family member who has suggested that Noeleen's name is infact spelt Noelene. So it just goes to show all is not as it seems.
It know from experience on my mothers family name which is Trotter that on the census it is spelt as Cratter Frotter and Rotter. Anyway thanks for help and I will follow up the death notice.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 4 Sep 2011 14:40

yes Brenda, names are sometimes -mistranscribed- on old censuses as your family name was, mistranscribed by someone in this century, not misspelt by someone at the time in that case

I appreciate that you may have been given incorrect spellings ( Noellen is not one of them ... ) ... wanted to make sure you had the correct spelling

you can find the parents' 1937 marriage in the index here

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?event=marriages

Noelene's first marriage is also there, I will send you the details of the parents' marriage and her marriage privately for convenience ... I do not see Noelene's husband's death in the index there ( which goes to 1980 ) or at ryersonindex

this gives you Noelene's married surname, of course she may have remarried ( the index goes only to 1960 )

the Australian white pages are here

http://www.whitepages.com.au/search/residential

and when I look for a listing for the surname of Noelene's deceased husband with initial N in Gateshead there is one listing in the surrounding area that you could consider

Janet

Janet Report 5 Jan 2017 00:36

Hi Brenda

My name is Janet Maughan Hickey
My Mother and Fathers names were Elizabeth Maughan Shepherd Nee Shore
Mum was born in Newcastle on Tyne ENGLAND
My Father was Ernest Henry Shepherd born NSW AUSTRALIA
My sister Noelene passed away 2015

I will add contact details next time

I had tried ring Uncle Eddie and Uncle Dennis both of them were Shore
and lived in England

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2017 00:58

Welcome to the boards and GR, Janet.

It would be wonderful if Brenda is still checking this thread, but in case she isn't send her a private message by clicking on her name.
As long as she is still using the same linked email address, she'll be notified that you are trying to contact her. Please don't post your contact details on the thread as its against the site's T&C.
Good luck.