Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for Joan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Sep 2011 14:22

Hi all
i am looking for Joan and Beryl Fielding. Joan was born in 1947 and Beryl in 1949 in Salford. Mother was Joan( nee Travis) father was Alfred Fielding.
I have done all the seaches that i can think of. Searched other trees, Friends. and facebook. But no luck. Hopefully some one in GR land might be able to help.

Thanks
Jacqui :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Sep 2011 14:51

Assuming most people marry between the ages of 18 and 38 I have found one marriage in lancashire for a Beryl Fielding, no middle initial. It's in Blackpool though!
I wonder if you have tried looking for their parents' deaths? This can be a very fruitful line of enquiry. Ideally you need their DOB.
jan

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Sep 2011 14:57

Hi Brummiejan
Thank you for the reply. I know that Beryl as no middle name. As for parents they split up i the late 40th's. Alf was my dad and we are in Australia. He died a few yrs ago. I have looked for Joan's death but couldn't find it. But will have a look at the suggestion you made.
Thank you very much.
Regards

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Sep 2011 15:22

Might Joan have re-married do you think? there are 2 marriages for a Joan Fielding in Salford after 1950.
Jan

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Sep 2011 20:55

i thought of that. but the timelime line didn't fit from what i know. going away till Sunday so i will have a another look when i get back.
thanks again Brummiejan. :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 17 Sep 2011 08:44

Are these family members too or just a co-incidence??

Name: Joan E Travis
Spouse: Harry D Fielding
Marriage: Mar 1948 - Blackburn, Lancashire

Just wondering if finding other members of her family might be the route you need to take, the theory being they might know what happened to Beryl & Joan. Do you have your father's marriage cert?

I shall send you the details of the marriage I found on the off-chance.

Jan

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Sep 2011 13:30

Hi Brummiejan.

Thank you for that info. No it isn't any relation. It's a long story and i only found out about Joan and Beryl a couple of yrs ago.

Dad never mentioned it at all.
Now that i am back home i will have a look at the one you suggested in Blackpool.

Thanks again for your help
Regards