Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

pauline and stephen Cook

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummie46

brummie46 Report 6 Oct 2011 09:35

Hi trying to find Pauline and Stephen Cook born between 1947 and 1949
grew up in birmingham area parents were christine and john vernon cook
It is beleived that Stephen joined forces and possibly emigrated after leaving forces.
Anyone know of this people

Flick

Flick Report 6 Oct 2011 09:54

Try Friendsreunited

And Forcesreunited

Even facebook

If their parents are deceased, find out who registered the event(s)

EDIT

Is this the father?

Name: John Vernon B Cook
Birth Date: 29 Jul 1911
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1980
Age at Death: 69
Registration district: Coventry
Inferred County: West Midlands
Volume: 33
Page: 0093

brummie46

brummie46 Report 6 Oct 2011 14:40

thanks flick.
No the details of father is not the correct one.

brummie46

brummie46 Report 6 Oct 2011 21:06

nnnnnnnnnnn

brummie46

brummie46 Report 8 Oct 2011 07:54

additional information, possibly Stephen joined the Navy after his father passed away and on leaving Navy it was last heard that he was emigrating but to what country this is not known. Do not know as to what happened to Pauline. Family possibly lived in Hall green area of birmingham in 1960s.

brummie46

brummie46 Report 18 Oct 2011 18:09

nnnnnnnnnn giving it another try just incase someone read its.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Oct 2011 05:19

brummie46 the odds of anyone who knows these people reading this are infinitessimal

if they or anyone who knows them were to see it, it would almost certainly be from googling the names

so it wouldn't matter how often you had nudged the thread, the search engine would find it without any nudging at all

try it, google "john vernon cook" and you will find this thread on the first page of results

for anyone here to help, information like about the navy or where they lived in the 1960s doesn't help because we only have access to standard resources like bmd registrations, electoral roll, telephone directory ...

did you notice the advice about trying friendsreunited and forcesreunited ?

the parents married in 1937 ... but the mother must have been previously married as no births show for that surname combination

but I can't find a previous marriage ... and no after all ...

Births Jun 1911 ?
Lansley Christine M Christchurch 2b 616

you have her in your tree as 1917 ...

with a marriage in 1937 they must be deceased but I don't see suitable death records

perhaps if you know their birth details, death records could be found ... you seem to know when the father at least died ?

a death certificate, particularly for the second to die, could show a child as the informant of death which might give the daughter's married name, for example

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Oct 2011 05:32

there are 3 births in Birmingham with those surnames after that marriage, but they are not Pauline or Stephen

have I got the wrong marriage ? very coincidental, John V Cook to Christine, in West Midlands ...

the marriage in question says John V Cook in the index at Ancestry but says John E V Cook on the individual record

Births Mar 1913
Cook John E V Rowley Kings N. 6d 219

there are postems on that record, are they yours? they are not signed and give no contact info ... they refer to the marriage I have been talking about to Christine Lansley and give the same children's names you have given here

?

Name: John E V Cook
Birth Date: abt 1913
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1964
Age at Death: 51
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume: 9c
Page: 131

perhaps Christine remarried

but there simply are no children Stephen and Pauline to that couple

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Oct 2011 05:48

have you searched trees at this site at all ?

Stephen Cook 1948 Birmingham

you might want to contact the person who has that person in their tree ...

there was actually no Stephen Cook born 1948 in Birmingham ...

there is also a tree with this person in it

Stephen Cooke 1949 Birmingham

is there any chance that you have the spelling wrong ?

for that birth, which is in the index, there is no apparent marriage for the parents ... maybe 12 years earlier ...

are you certain the name is Pauline and not Patricia maybe?

I suspect that is actually the case. There were three children in that family; the eldest died in infancy.

this was probably their father ( marriage 1941 Birmingham ... war intervened ? first birth 1946 )

Name: Reginald Arthur H Cooke
Birth Date: 21 Apr 1916
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1980
Age at Death: 64
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: West Midlands
Volume: 32
Page: 1508

unfortunately the information you have given is just not consistent with any facts I can find at all

Flick

Flick Report 23 Oct 2011 12:42

You might have mentioned that in the first place....................!!

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 23 Oct 2011 17:18

oh for pity's sake

there was my time not well spent

well you could always try putting correct information in your tree like Christine's correct birthdate so that if someone in the family searches for her they are likely to find you

and if you add another postem to the record at freebmd and actually give a way of contacting you ( an anonymous online account is best like at hotmail or gmail ) that could help too in case someone related looks at that record

I don't suppose you know the children's birth surnames but if you do you could identify their parents or mother maybe and put that information in your tree ( since the children are living you can't put their details in your tree without their permission )

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 24 Oct 2011 21:27

I understand the concern for privacy brummie46, that's very true, maybe we should all edit our posts now to take out all the personal information

it would just have been nice if you'd said early on that you had certain info so we should not keep hunting

the thing is that when looking for Person X it can be useful and sometimes essential to identify Person X's close relations to find connections and possibly contacts and that's the way most of us think here so that's what we were up to

brummie46

brummie46 Report 1 Apr 2012 09:42

nudging, once again .
Taken on board to what chrissiex and flick have mentioned in their replies and knowing it could be a needle in a haystack, but on a previous search (different family name) i got the same replies from members, but took a chance and nudged again and had a great response in finding cousins, 2 and 3rd cousins also. These two people are linked within the same family that previously found, and no one knows what happened to them only on hearsay. It would be great if we could find them for they would make the whole family link complete.
thanks for your time

brummie46

brummie46 Report 26 May 2012 09:43

i know will have some comeback from members on here but will continue anyway.
Not wanting dob etc., on Pauline and Stephen (as you will see from previous messages none was found due to adoptions).
Would so much like to find these two people for have found numerous people all linked within the same family link (direct from our gr gr gandparents) and next May we are planning a complete meetup,and they will be travelling from Australia, Spain, possibly canada, and across the UK
so it would be great for they are the last link of the chain to complete.
thanks again

brummie46

brummie46 Report 12 Aug 2012 09:30

nnnnnn trying again.
it is believed that Pauline stayed with her mother Christine in the birmingham area, and after the death of John (father) it seemed that Stephen joined the forces and then emigrated to Canada/Australia or even NZ.
If anyone know of anyone with these names, please let me know.
thanks.

have noted comments previously, but as mentioned on my post 1st april people can on off chance see this message.

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 13 Aug 2012 11:41

Have you got the birth data of CHRISTINE ? ie her mother's maiden name
Shame Chistine was not born a few months earlier then she would have been on the 1911 census
You could try searching for later data etc via her siblings if she had any.

If you buy the 1911 Birth certificate £9.25 on-line
you can search some deaths using DOB
plus it gives you her parent's names so you can look for her siblings

Odds are, if Pauline stayed with her mum, she would have the sad duty to register her death.
This would give Pauline's & Christine's address at that time.