Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nea Adelyne Livesey (formerly Ashford) b 1915

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 01:32

Hello folks,

I am look for this lovely lady with whom I corresponded for over 20 years between NZ and UK. She last resided in Darlington. Nea was born in 1915 in Lambeth, London and lived for a time in Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset until her husband Harold died.

My last correspondence with Nea was in 2006 (Christmas), but no further contact since. I sent to her 2006, 2007 and 2008 with a return address, but no reply and none of these Christmas cards were returned.

I am puzzled as I cannot find any notification of her passing as this could be the reason although she did have failing eyesight. I would have thought and trusted that someone could have communicated her passing or returned the cards with a note on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to all you busy helpers.

Regards,

Maria.

Lynski

Lynski Report 2 Jan 2012 02:59

She could still be alive? She would be 96.

Perhaps she has gone into a home with no immediate family around.

Not everyone sends mail back to sender's address. I always do but I know people who just throw it in the bin.......

I wonder if it would be worth contacting aged care facilities in the area you last knew her to be in........?

http://www.carehome.co.uk/care_search_results.cfm/searchunitary/Darlington

For reference -

Births Mar 1915 (>99%)
Ashford Nea A Hunter Lambeth 1d 671

Marriages Jun 1944 (>99%)
ASHFORD Nea A Livesey Lambeth 1d 227
LIVESEY Harold Ashford Lambeth 1d 227

Name: LIVESEY, Harold
Registration District: Bournemouth
County: Dorset
Year of Registration: 1994
Month of Registration: March
Date of Birth: 5 February 1913
District No: 4271B
Reg No: B6D
Ent No: 274
DOR: 394

Lynski

Lynski Report 2 Jan 2012 03:05

Do you know her actual birthday?

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 03:08

Hello Lynski,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I am in New Zealand. It had crossed my mind that she may be in a home. She was a very astute woman and had a good brain - loved the crosswords and doing puzzles.

I have her last address in Darlington so I should imagine it would be worth contacting Aged Care in that area - Greencroft Close is DL3 8HW as I would imagine Darlington to be a fairly big place.

Harold died in 1994 and we corresponded after his death.

Will look up on line for the AC nearby.

Thank you for your time,

Maria

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 03:09

Hello give me a minute and I will try to locate the dates I have.

jax

jax Report 2 Jan 2012 03:16

If she owned her house you could see if it has been sold

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=Search-Sold-House-Prices

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 03:26

Hi Jax,

Well not sure - as I remember Harold left a will (when he died in Bournemouth) that held the property in trust and she could live there until ??? if you get me. Its a bit complicated. Not being a relative I am puzzled. I might have to look out her letters (have kept them all) and I think it names her children who would be those named in the trust.

I just miss not know what happened to someone special who was so good to me and my mother her dear friend.

Will put the address in and see what happens.

Thanks again Jax.

Maria

jax

jax Report 2 Jan 2012 03:31

If you put in the Road, Darlington and postcode then look for the house number you can check to see if the house has been sold up until 2011...just a thought

jax

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 03:36

No luck with that Jax.

Just went into Zoopla and put in the address - it does not show it being there, but No.15 is and that appears a very large home; it does not ring true if you understand me. She had a small bungalow type home in Southborne and was on her own and not young!!

Still checking a few other thoughts - keep thinking folks.

Maria

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 03:45

Hi

Have just found her property in Bournemouth and it was sold in 1995 which is when she may have bought in Darlington.

Still searching for info.

jax

jax Report 2 Jan 2012 03:49

sent a pm for poss house sale

jax

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 04:03

Have replied thanks Jax

Lynski

Lynski Report 2 Jan 2012 04:16

I gave you a link to aged care facilities in my earlier post.

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 04:22

Hi Lynski,

Yes, thank you sorry if I did not do that. I am in NZ and I am preparing to make contact when the right morning time comes. Would not like to ring them during the early hours.

I think you may be right and there are a few in there to contact or do you think I should contact the one place to ask. I am not familiar with such sites at all.

You are appreciated - sorry if I had not come back on that. Thank you so much.

Maria

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 04:28

Hi again Lynski,

Birthday - have only got the year and Jan Feb March Qtr 1915, but I am sure my mum and Nea exchanged birthday cards; I never did as she was more my mum's age and was her friend.

I am just going onto the site again and hope I have it right for the Aged Care.
If she was under the National Health Scheme would she be sent to a different facility than those you have sent?

Thanks,

Maria

Penny

Penny Report 2 Jan 2012 08:26

Everyone in the UK has Nation heath Cover. There are actually very few NHS care homes, I guess she would be free to choose where she went, maybe to one of her children? or to a care home near them

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 08:43

Hello Penny,

Thank you for that information. Our system is so different here, but I had not thought of her being with her own family. We are in the middle of another severe series of quakes and I have packed most of my files away for safety. I must get out the letters and see if she gave her daughter's surnames. They are both married, but I have no idea of their full names and addresses.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

We shall get there I am sure. I think she would like to me know what has happened to her. She wrote pages and pages to me and her letters we very full of interesting topics. She may have received my correspondence to her, but for some reason unable to reply.

Thank you all for so much help.

Regards

Maria (Christchurch New Zealand)

Flip

Flip Report 2 Jan 2012 09:13

Have you tried searching trees for her daughters - it looks like one may be a GR member and still living in Co. Durham. I'll pm you the details.

Sappho

Sappho Report 2 Jan 2012 09:47

Flip, thank you have seen your pm and have approached her daughter.

Will keep you all posted on Nea and where she is.

Thank you so much all of you for your time on this.

We have had 8000 movements since Sept 4th and it just not nice. It has been a most welcome distraction - genes site and all your enthusiasm is so appreciated.

Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks again
Maria