Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Kenneth William Harding.

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 17 Jan 2012 02:26

Hi, I'm trying to locate the above person. He was born Carshalton in the 1930's to a Mabel Valentine Harding, . I have found two entries on the tree sites which I think are his, have left several messages but they do not appear to have been opened. Any information on his whereabouts would be very welcome. Thanks for taking for taking the time to read this message.

Perchino

Perchino Report 17 Jan 2012 06:26

Colin,
Welcome to the boards. If you believe Kenneth is alive I suggest you amend his date of birth in your post to a more general year rather than the precise date in order to protect his privacy on the internet.
There are seven possible Kenneths in Surrey on the 192.com website. It is possible to search on this site free of charge but more detailed information is charged at premium rates.

Flick

Flick Report 17 Jan 2012 09:56

The info above is all that would be needed for identity theft.....please amend before GR delete your request

Flick

Flick Report 17 Jan 2012 22:15

Post amended I see, with no thanks for the helpful advice!

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 18 Jan 2012 00:31

But he did take your advice, that is the main thing.

Colin

Colin Report 18 Jan 2012 01:53

Thank you Flick for the valuable advice, being a very newcomer to this site, I would welcome and take on board any advice offered. It was not my intention to cause anyone problems. Also, a thank you to Madmeg for coming to my defence.

Colin

Colin Report 18 Jan 2012 02:10

Perchino,
Thanks for your help, I have checked those listed on 192.com. the one problem being, I'm not sure where Kenneth is. The last place I knew him to be was Yeovil, Somerset but that was in the late 1940's.

Perchino

Perchino Report 18 Jan 2012 06:41

Colin,
Presumably Kenneth was a child/teenager when you last saw him. Occupations are another guide to use. Do you know either his or his Father's occupation?

Colin

Colin Report 18 Jan 2012 11:35

Perchino,
I have no idea as to kenneth's occupational life,his father was an engineer in the aircraft industry at Yeovil in the 1940's. I have not actually met this guy, just helping an adopted sister of his to try and locate him. He also has an adopted brother he may not be aware of. The sister has the BC's of all three of them. the adopted brother had a birth name of Philip John Harding, but would have had a name change by his adoptive parents which is making him difficult to find. Time may not be on their side but please keep looking.

Flick

Flick Report 18 Jan 2012 11:58

So this person may also have been adopted? Your post implies that the parents didn't marry.............

Advise the sister to add her details to the adoption contact register............

Flick

Flick Report 18 Jan 2012 12:21

Having checked, I see that your info is a wee bit misleading.

The mother's surname was Herrington.....and she married William H F Harding in 1936

Births Jun 1917 (>99%)

Herrington Mabel V

Marriages Mar 1955 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HARDING Mabel V HUBBARD Chatham 5b 654
HARRINGTON Mabel V HUBBARD Chatham 5b 654
HUBBARD Mabel V HUBBARD Chatham 5b 654

This almost certainly means that she was co-habiting with Hubbard and using his surname before the marriage took place. ALL entries refer to the same woman

Name: Mabel Valentine Hubbard
Birth Date: 19 Mar 1917
Date of Registration: Sep 1986
Age at Death: 69
Registration district: Chatham
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 16
Page: 510

Who registered the death?

Perchino

Perchino Report 18 Jan 2012 22:05

Colin,
The aircraft industry in the 1940's opens up a new avenue. Were the children with their Father and did he place them for adoption?

Flick

Flick Report 18 Jan 2012 22:56

Was Harding actually the father of the three children?

There isn''t birth of a female Harding/Herrington

Kenneth's birth was registered in Surrey.......Philip's in Yeovil

Colin.......

Was the sister's name Pauline at birth?

Colin

Colin Report 19 Jan 2012 00:42

Perchino,
I'm not sure as to the answer of your question, it is thought that Kenneth, the eldest of the three, may have remained with his natural parents? but the next born and the sister were both put up for adoption at a very early age. The BC's of these two are marked "adopted . The BC of the girl, born April 1944, has no fathers name entered on it. So that's a "grey area".

Colin

Colin Report 19 Jan 2012 01:33

Flick,
thank you so much for the searching and the work you have carried out. Some of this information is quite new to me, but for the rest of it, You are "spot on". In answer to some of your questions, It is believed that Kenneth was not adopted, Philip was and as was the sister. Her name at birth was Mavis C and was registered at Sturminster, No fathers name entered on BC.

It is not known when Mabel and William parted or divorced, but the co-habiting part was very probable as the marriage cert for her and Hubbard in 1955 at kent, shows both of them from the same address. Her death was registered by Hubbard himself.

Perchino

Perchino Report 19 Jan 2012 06:57

Colin,
When the parents separated do you know if Kenneth remained with his Mother or Father?
From the BC what was Kenneth Father's name?

Flick

Flick Report 19 Jan 2012 09:13

Kenneth's birth was registered as Harding...........as was Philip's in 1941

As Philip was adopted, the assumption must be that Harding wasn't actually his father

Mavis was also registered as Harding. (Found on Ancestry)

If Kenneth wasn't adopted, the likelihood is that he stayed with his father, in view of the probable circumstances of the younger children's births

Colin.................

What do the initials H F represent in the father's name?

If his death can be found, it may be that Kenneth was the informant.

Colin

Colin Report 19 Jan 2012 12:14

Perchino,
I'm sorry, I really do not know which parent Kennrth stayed with. On the BC the father name was entered as William H F Harding.

Colin

Colin Report 19 Jan 2012 12:30

Flick,
The initials H, F, in the fathers name represent,

Harald Frederick.

His name appears on BC's for Kenneth and Philip's, as father but not on Mavis's, which is left blank.

Flick

Flick Report 19 Jan 2012 16:12

Name: William Harold F Harding
Birth Date: 28 Feb 1910
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1975
Age at Death: 65
Registration district: East Elloe
Inferred County: Lincolnshire
Volume: 7
Page: 1537

It may be worth getting the cert, to see the informant's details