Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mollie C Hacking

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Effie

Effie Report 20 Apr 2012 16:29

I am still trying to trace my blood relative cousin Mollie C Hacking b.1937 Shardlow Derbyshire. She lived in Luton Bedfordshire as her mother, my father's sister, was living in Luton Bedfordshire. Her name was Ivy Ott but she married Henry Bennett from Brixton London but he died about four years or less later. Ivy then was living in different places and was living with my parents Charles and Constance Ott in Luton early in 1930's. One day she just disappeared and she got married to George Hacking b.c.1906.in the North. They had two children Mollie C Hacking b.1937 Shardlow Derbyshire and Ronald George Hacking b.1938 Birmingham. Ronald we heard later went to South Africa with his father to live we believe.Ivy died in March 2002 but I did not go to her funeral so could not find out any more about Mollie. She may have lived in Milton Keynes as when we visited Ivy in about 1994, at he own home she mentioned that Mollie takes her shopping to Milton Keynes every week. At that time I think Ivy was going a bit senile so could not get a lot of informations from her. I would like to know if Mollie got married or wherever she is. I wonder if you could please help me with this. Ivy was at a home in Luton but I cannot remember the name of the Home in case that might help for me to find Mollie. I believe Ivy died at the Home she was in and it sounded a very nice Home.

Thank you

Effie Lewis (nee Ott)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Apr 2012 16:43

It sounds very much as if Mollie was a likely informant of her mother's death.
Buying Ivy's death certificate might give you an address for Mollie, which would be a starting point.

Gwyn

Effie

Effie Report 20 Apr 2012 16:48

Thank you I will get a Death certificate of my Auntie Ivy and hope to find Mollie's address on it.

I didn't think of that but many thanks for your help.

Effie

sulyn

sulyn Report 20 Apr 2012 18:40

Have you tried something like peopletracer ? 1 on there.

sulyn

sulyn Report 20 Apr 2012 18:45

Have P M you with details

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Apr 2012 18:48

There is was another thread on this.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1273877

Rose

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 20 Apr 2012 22:45

KINGSMILL 20 Oct 2011 11:18

I have Ivy's last address, it is a care home.
If you wanted to contact them, you could ask either to be put in touch with her next of kin OR the funeral home.
But you will have to state your relationship etc due to data protection.

sent contact data
email or telephone contact available
-------------------------------------

:-S this was sent to Effie in OCT last year :-S

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 May 2015 23:27

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1351978