Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is ONLY for information.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 27 Apr 2012 08:25

Please post a separate thread if searching for someone. Thank you.

Tip of the day...Adoption records

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1188821

http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/default.htm

This website is intended to be the first port of call for anyone thinking about searching for or making contact with birth and adopted relatives or researching an adoption that took place in the UK. Here you can:
Search for the location of adoption records
Look for agencies that offer support services in your area
Learn about your right to make or refuse contact
Find out about recent changes to the legislation
Read about searching for and making contact with birth relatives
Use the Pointers for Practice for professionals working with adopted people, adopted parents and birth relatives

Using Social Networking Sites to Make Contact with Birth Relatives
http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/contact/socialnetworking/

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 27 Apr 2012 16:16

I think it should also be Stickied to the top of this (Find Living Relatives board ) because its also very relevant to the posts on hear and most people searching tend to head to this board as a frist option

Roy

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 28 Apr 2012 17:34

Nudge :-D

Persephone

Persephone Report 30 Apr 2012 14:12

I agree with Roy.. . I just saw where it had been stickied on genealogy chat...

well surprise surprise..people don't go to genealogy chat all that often to search for siblings or birth parents etc

They come on this one and ask some very "sticky" questions that most of us are not qualified to answer.. but some do and dish out addresses by pm etc like they're lollies.

:-0 :-| :-|

Persephone

Persephone Report 1 May 2012 12:19

How about that then.. :-)

Penny

Penny Report 2 May 2012 08:56

I think People should be aware that, despite sponsoring the TV show , which appears to magically have answers, that Genes Reunited ( as an organisation/website/whatever) are NOT able to tell people what someones name became following adoption.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 3 May 2012 22:36

i would love to meet my older brother i haven't seen him since i was about 1 years old and i an now 23 years old i know his birth name and have found hie birth citifcat but mum has always told us that he was adopted and dont no were to go from here pleas can some one help me his birth name was Dominic Mark Davis but don't think it will be the same now he was born june 1984 would love to meet him

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 May 2012 15:06

Anne-Marie - It might have been best to have started a thread of your own. This one was intended to give general advice.

1) follow the links given on Joy's opening post and register your interest
2) If mum will tell you, contact the SS who handled his adoption/care. They might be willing to put your details on his file.
3) Make sure you have him on your tree on here under his birth name.
4) If you change your email address, make sure you update your contact details on this site, even if you no longer subscribe. If he should come looking for birth family, he will still be able to send you a message.
5) Search using his birth name of FB and other social networking sites - if he is looking for his birth family, he may have ceated an account in that name.

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 May 2012 23:51

These 2 links may also help

http://www.videojug.com/interview/finding-your-birth-records-2

ADMIN UPDATE: Sorry I needed to split this URL into two so that it did not affect the display on the screen. Take all of the following text, and remove the space after Registeringlifeevents. The paste into your browser.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents /Birthandadoptionrecords/Adoptionrecords/DG_175567

david

david Report 19 May 2012 23:22

Looking for my birth parents Ismalia Mary Smith married to patrick kelly living in rochdale my fathers names is alan jackson i have 2 brothers and a sister i was born in 1962 in littleborough

madeline

madeline Report 24 May 2012 02:14

am looking for birth family from glasgow. Elizabeth Mcdonald is my mother. I was born 1958 :-\

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2012 00:23

Welcome to the Boards David and Madeline

Rather than tack on to this 'Advice' thread, start ones of your own on this Board. if people can help, they will.

In the meantime, read up on the links posted above.

Good luck

Linda

Linda Report 1 Jul 2012 13:02

Looking for my brother Stephen Evans who was adopted in Birkenhead in 1952/3, getting help from After Adoption Team, WAITING. Have been looking for over 40yrs :-( so saw this site need lots of help, <3 :-) Linda. <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Jul 2012 03:53

Linda

Linda - It would have been best to have started a thread of your own.

This one iss intended to give general advice ..... that is why it is permanently at the top of the Board.

1) follow the links given on Joy's opening post and register your interest
2) If mum will tell you, contact the SS who handled his adoption/care. They might be willing to put your details on his file.
3) Make sure you have him on your tree on here under his birth name.
4) If you change your email address, make sure you update your contact details on this site, even if you no longer subscribe. If he should come looking for birth family, he will still be able to send you a message.
5) Search using his birth name of FB and other social networking sites - if he is looking for his birth family, he may have ceated an account in that name.

sylvia

caroline

caroline Report 19 Aug 2012 01:18

i im caroline im looking for my son andrew middleton was born 1982 if anyone nows the wear about of him please contact me :-)

caroline

caroline Report 19 Aug 2012 01:18

i im caroline im looking for my son andrew middleton was born 1982 if anyone nows the wear about of him please contact me :-)

sheila59

sheila59 Report 22 Aug 2012 10:11

Looking for a sister to Grace Pitcher ,
She was called Angela L Pitcher born on the 28/09/1960 Uxbridge/ Hillingdon Southall Area of London, then adopted out of the family. She had a large family of five brothers and sisters.
Her mothers name was Lillian Wilder born 03/05/1917 married John Pitcher .
We have been looking for Angela since 2004 with no luck apart from getting her birth certi from Uxbridge registration of birth's.
We did find an Angela Pitcher but didnt get a answer. where do I go from here ?

Anna

Anna Report 24 Aug 2012 13:48

I'm new here I was adopted in 1980 my surname was leaver I was born in Rochdale any help? <3

sheila59

sheila59 Report 27 Aug 2012 13:11

Hi Anna, no sorry Angela was born on the 28 September 1960 in the borough of hillingdon, London and her name was Pitcher.
Good luck with your seach

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2012 17:50

Shelia and Anna....plus anyone else looking for someone

THIS THREAD IS FOR INFOMATION ONLY

Please start a thread of your own or read the infomation that has been given in how to look for adopted children.

Good luck