Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is ONLY for information.

Page 1 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jansy

Jansy Report 3 Apr 2013 01:29

Hi,
I'm hoping that someone can give me some help please, does anyone remember or know the ancestors of the Holgate family who seem to live mainly in Lancashire. My Mother was born on 08.05.1925 in Barrow in Furness her parents were Fred Holgate married to Jane Elizabeth Gell in 1924.
My Mother was adopted by William & Margaret Edwards (nee Barbour) from Barrow in Furness & they went to live in Carrickfergus in Belfast. It seems strange that her birth parents had a son in 1928 but think he died soon after but gave her up for adoption.
William & Margaret were officers in the Salvation Army in Belfast but i'm struggling to find info in regards to this.

Jansy :-(

Christine A

Christine A Report 15 Mar 2013 03:32

Looking for relatives of Harold owen born 1931 hull east yorkshire pleae father james william mother florence thank you

dawnee1965

dawnee1965 Report 12 Mar 2013 10:57

looking for my brother gary spencer tracy thompson born 31 august 1962 his mums name rosemarie yapp and dad willam thompson even mum looking for you both lived in felixstowe

Antony Peter

Antony Peter Report 26 Feb 2013 22:10

Hi looking for some info my husband is trying to trace his birth mother, no real adoption but has a birth certificate with her maiden name and married name but on looking it brings up a few marriages, how do we know if this is the same person?

davina louise osbourn

davina louise osbourn Report 7 Feb 2013 17:42

Looking for my birth mother helen Teresa borkowaki she is from Sheffield my name isdavina Louise osbourn was capps she left me with my father at 18 months old don't no if she still in Sheffield but her mum n dad lived there

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 27 Jan 2013 23:09

Thank you. I have notified GR.

Norcap has closed, as can be seen in http://www.afteradoption.org.uk/news/aaa-norcap-ceases-trading

Sheila

Sheila Report 23 Jan 2013 18:11

Hi Pam,

Can you check your in-box again for an email I have send you regarding contacting Katrina.

Sheila

Sheila Report 21 Jan 2013 15:01

Check your in box may have found contact details for Katrina.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jan 2013 11:35

Joy - the link on GR to NORCAP gives a result that they ceased trading earlier this month.

Any chance you can persuade GR to update their post? x

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 14 Nov 2012 20:49

My thanks to Phil Moir of Genes Reunited for restoring this stickied thread on 1st November and on 14th November.

jax

jax Report 27 Aug 2012 17:50

Shelia and Anna....plus anyone else looking for someone

THIS THREAD IS FOR INFOMATION ONLY

Please start a thread of your own or read the infomation that has been given in how to look for adopted children.

Good luck

sheila59

sheila59 Report 27 Aug 2012 13:11

Hi Anna, no sorry Angela was born on the 28 September 1960 in the borough of hillingdon, London and her name was Pitcher.
Good luck with your seach

Anna

Anna Report 24 Aug 2012 13:48

I'm new here I was adopted in 1980 my surname was leaver I was born in Rochdale any help? <3

sheila59

sheila59 Report 22 Aug 2012 10:11

Looking for a sister to Grace Pitcher ,
She was called Angela L Pitcher born on the 28/09/1960 Uxbridge/ Hillingdon Southall Area of London, then adopted out of the family. She had a large family of five brothers and sisters.
Her mothers name was Lillian Wilder born 03/05/1917 married John Pitcher .
We have been looking for Angela since 2004 with no luck apart from getting her birth certi from Uxbridge registration of birth's.
We did find an Angela Pitcher but didnt get a answer. where do I go from here ?

caroline

caroline Report 19 Aug 2012 01:18

i im caroline im looking for my son andrew middleton was born 1982 if anyone nows the wear about of him please contact me :-)

caroline

caroline Report 19 Aug 2012 01:18

i im caroline im looking for my son andrew middleton was born 1982 if anyone nows the wear about of him please contact me :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Jul 2012 03:53

Linda

Linda - It would have been best to have started a thread of your own.

This one iss intended to give general advice ..... that is why it is permanently at the top of the Board.

1) follow the links given on Joy's opening post and register your interest
2) If mum will tell you, contact the SS who handled his adoption/care. They might be willing to put your details on his file.
3) Make sure you have him on your tree on here under his birth name.
4) If you change your email address, make sure you update your contact details on this site, even if you no longer subscribe. If he should come looking for birth family, he will still be able to send you a message.
5) Search using his birth name of FB and other social networking sites - if he is looking for his birth family, he may have ceated an account in that name.

sylvia

Linda

Linda Report 1 Jul 2012 13:02

Looking for my brother Stephen Evans who was adopted in Birkenhead in 1952/3, getting help from After Adoption Team, WAITING. Have been looking for over 40yrs :-( so saw this site need lots of help, <3 :-) Linda. <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2012 00:23

Welcome to the Boards David and Madeline

Rather than tack on to this 'Advice' thread, start ones of your own on this Board. if people can help, they will.

In the meantime, read up on the links posted above.

Good luck

madeline

madeline Report 24 May 2012 02:14

am looking for birth family from glasgow. Elizabeth Mcdonald is my mother. I was born 1958 :-\