Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish lookup William Ritchie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 13 May 2012 04:37

Looking for any information of William Ritchie or his family at Manor Drive and Ormeua Road Belfast in his later life before passing away. Not sure he married Elizabeth Mccrea but stayed with her at the house when he died. Thank you

patchem

patchem Report 13 May 2012 08:39

Where is old park area manor drive?
Thank-you

Penny

Penny Report 13 May 2012 08:45

your aunts name would probably help us here!
Presumably he wasn't hamed on her birth cert.

He probably wasn't officially Billie either.
William maybe?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 May 2012 09:14

Don't get 2 stuck on the red hair thing. A gene has to come from BOTH parents, so your grandmother was a carrier too.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 May 2012 09:18

Got a feeling this a a Belfast lookup.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2012 13:36

Two natural blondes can produce a redhead

All this poster's other requests are for Belfast - and she usually omits to mention the fact

If the grandmother didn't give 'Billy's' DOB, and full correct name, your chances of tracing him must be minimal

Also, was he aware of your aunt's birth? If not, it would be a tremendous shock to the man and any family he may have to find out about this after so many years

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 14 May 2012 17:41

Thank you for pm Rose. Im sorry i seem to be upsetting helpers with not putting things correctly, im struggling at knowing how to work the site. Sorry Reggie also.

Area is Belfast

Name is William Ritchie

I dont have a age

The only one i found at the address on elecral rolls has a william late of manor drive and I found his will at proni when on holiday and shows him aged 72 yrs old.

His other family members are shown there Robert and Margaret whom died in 1960s so William was last member to die in 1971, but i am unsure if any had children.

I dont know if he was informed of the pregnancy but my aunt was born in April 1950 in Belfast, and i understand it would be a shock so would be gentally approached. I thank you all for help and i will try my best to give all information and places i can in posts. Sorry again

Maura

Maura Report 15 May 2012 14:04

He's buried with his siblings, look like he never married, he would of been 51 in 1950

Name of deceased John R Ritchie
Last place of residence 336 Ormeau Road
Age 81
Sex M
Date of death 31 October 1968
Date of burial 4 November 1968
Cemetery City Cemetery - Glenalina Extension
Grave section and number X1 399
Burial type Earth Burial

Name of deceased Margaret Ritchie
Last place of residence 2 Manor Dve
Age 75 Y
Sex F
Date of death 10 January 1965
Date of burial 12 January 1965
Burial type Earth Burial

Name of deceased Robert Ritchie
Last place of residence 2 Manor Drive
Age 77
Sex NK
Date of death 12 December 1967
Date of burial 14 December 1967
Burial type Earth Burial

Name of deceased Wm Ritchie
Last place of residence 336 Ormeau Rd
Age 72
Sex M
Date of death 30 September 1971
Date of burial 4 October 1971
Burial type Earth Burial

Census Years1911AntrimCliftonManor DriveResidents of a house
Residents of a house 12 in Manor Drive (Clifton, Antrim)
Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living
Kitchie Margaret 50 Female Head of Family Reformed Presbyterian Co Antrim - Read and write English Widow - 25 9 6
Kitchie John 24 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Co Antrim Clerk Grocery Read and write English Single - - - -
Kitchie Rebecca 22 Female Daughter Reformed Presbyterian Co Antrim Milliner Read and write English Single - - - -
Kitchie Robert 21 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Co Antrim Trunk Maker Read and write English Single - - - -
Kitchie James 18 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Co Antrim Clerk Grocery Read and write English Single - - - -
Kitchie MAggie 17 Female Daughter Reformed Presbyterian Co Antrim Ware Room Read and write English Single - - - -
Kitchie William 12 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian

Census Years1901AntrimCliftonRosapenna StreetResidents of a house
Residents of a house 33 in Rosapenna Street (Clifton, Antrim)
Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Ritchie Margaret 6 Female Daughter Reformed Presbyterian Antrim Scholar Read only English Not Married -
Ritchie Rebecca 13 Female Daughter Reformed Presbyterian Antrim Scholar Read and write English Not Married -
Ritchie Robert 48 Male Head of Family Reformed Presbyterian Donegal Pensioner R.I.C Read and write English Married -
Ritchie Richard Cameron 4 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Belfast Scholar Cannot read - Not Married -
Ritchie James Renwick 8 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Antrim Scholar Read and write English Not Married -
Ritchie John Knox 14 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Antrim Scholar Read and write English Not Married -
Ritchie Robert 11 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Antrim Scholar Read and write English Not Married -
Ritchie William 2 Male Son Reformed Presbyterian Belfast - Cannot read - - -
Ritchie Margaret 39 Female Wife Reformed Presbyterian

Maura

Maura Report 15 May 2012 14:11

Name of deceased Margaret Ritchie
Age 85 Years
Sex
Date of death 24 July 1945
Date of burial 26 July 1945
Cemetery City Cemetery
Grave section and number R 253
Burial type Earth Burial

Name of deceased Robert Ritchie
Age 59 Years
Sex
Date of death 7 January 1911
Date of burial 21 February 1911
Cemetery City Cemetery
Burial type Earth Burial

Name of deceased Rebecca Ritchie
Last place of residence 123 Crumlin Rd 2 Manor Drive
Age 44 Years
Sex
Date of death 8 May 1933
Date of burial 10 May 1933
Cemetery City Cemetery
Burial type Earth Burial

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 15 May 2012 16:48

you are brilliant maura thank you :-) xx

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 19 Aug 2012 11:18

From death cert it shows william died as a bacherlor aged 72 yrs, he lived with elizabeth jane mcrea nee connell at 336 ormeu road with her, in his will it mentions her and her nephew samuel parkes dr. william had brother james renwick ritchie born 1893 belfast, was thinking maybe he married and had children and may know if wm ritchie had children out of wedlock.

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 15 Mar 2013 13:31

How would I be able to search for the ritchies having children from 2 Manor drive belfast please as I seen the family but I cant trace if any of the sons had children called william ritchie who would on been in his 20-30s in 1949. I would be grateful for help of were else I can search online please as i am in england and i know that there is no records held from ireland or northern ireland

Maura

Maura Report 15 Mar 2013 14:59

sharonrose you have been told many time that you cannot get BMD's for N. Ireland onilne after 1922. GRONI are putting there records online in October, but they'll will be something similar to scotlandpeople. Birth from 1864 to 1913, marriage from 1845 to 1938 & death from 1864 to 1963, after these date you have to apply to GRONI for a cert.

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 19 Apr 2015 11:48

Last week on Belfast Forum I read about Robert Craig & Sons Thread and on it mentio Billy Ritchie from Ricthie Street Belfast Shore Road worked there in 1950/60s who was a big Ginger fella which sounds like the Billy Ritchie I am possible trying to trace. It mentions that he emigrated to Canada in 1960s.

Can someone point me in the correct direction to find which boat he travelled or how to find him on Ritchie street around 1950/60s as I am in England and cant get access to the street Directories etc for these years please.

sharonrose

sharonrose Report 10 Oct 2016 21:29

I think he worked at Robertson belfast town and lived shore road and not manor street given the ginger hair and name billy Ritchie from shore road description on the belfast forum. Would like yo know how can get any more details from the 1960 move to USA.

Michael

Michael Report 14 Nov 2016 17:58

I suspect that john Knox Ritchie was my grandfather. Please contact if you wish.