Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Birth Record

Page 4 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patchem

patchem Report 28 May 2012 21:29

With a very common surname, how do you know that you have not found her?

alan

alan Report 28 May 2012 21:03

her surname was watson, so suppose possibilty could be Scottish, I presume Jaxs post these are not included. thans for quick replies, much appreciated

jax

jax Report 28 May 2012 20:58

Maybe she was not born in England or wales?

alan

alan Report 28 May 2012 20:54

Was born (as far as I know), sometime between 1940 and 1950 in England (once agin as far as I know). I suspect she was actually born in 1947, but I have searched every record between those 10 years with no joy. It's driving me mad, as I'm searching for my birth Mother.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 May 2012 20:27

Remember that birth can often be found in the following quarter

eg, a child born late November 1940 can if the birth was a late entry be found in march quarter 1941

due to the 6 weeks you are allowed to register a birth

Roy

jax

jax Report 28 May 2012 20:17

Welcome to the boards Alan

Could the child have been born before the parents married?

patchem

patchem Report 28 May 2012 20:17

Where have you looked for the birth?
And what country do you mean?
Thanks

alan

alan Report 28 May 2012 20:15

How would I trace a relative whose birth doesn't appear to be registered, even though their birth was in the 1940's