Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family of adopted Danny Weston - Croydon 1946

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Danny

Danny Report 15 Sep 2012 21:17

Danny is looking for family. Adopted from Dr Barnardos children's home, and remained in Croydon until I left home. My Mothers surname was Weston, but this is all I know. If you can help please contact me. Thanks.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Sep 2012 22:36

Do you have your birth certificate? That should give your mother's full name and also an address where you were born.

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Sep 2012 22:47

You could add yourself to the national adoption contact register

Flip

Flip Report 16 Sep 2012 08:20

Danny,

If you haven't already got your original birth certificate and adoption file you need to apply for it. The service is free, and it is the only way you will be able to move forward with your search - the application form is available here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Adoptionrecords/DG_175567

Good luck

Danny

Danny Report 27 Mar 2013 23:26

Thanks to everyone who has replied with helpful info. I obviously need to apply for my adoption records etc first. Thanks again, I really am not very good at all this and cannot seem to get on with this site. lol Danny. :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Mar 2013 10:04

Have you asked Barnados for your file It will give you info on why and when you were admitted to Barnados plus parent/s names if given. will say who admitted you to the home

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Mar 2013 11:59

well did you have a name change as your original birth is Danny Weston .

I would recommend you get the cert for mums full name

Name: Danny Weston
Mother's Maiden Surname: Weston
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1946
Registration district: Croydon
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume Number: 2a
Page Number: 1278

Danny

Danny Report 3 Apr 2013 21:09

I would just like to say thanks to everyone for all your help! You are all very kind to take the time to offer help. Thanks again.
Danny :-D