Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

O' Brien Relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cavin

Cavin Report 22 Nov 2012 14:54

I'm wondering what happened to the Children of my great great Uncle Christopher James O' Brien 1867-1927 and his wife Elizabeth 1892-1932 whose single name was Devlin they were both born in Liverpool England. They married in early 1915 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel R.C. Church in Toxteth Liverpool. their Children were Elizabeth born 1915 James born 1917 Margaret born 1920 Maria born 1921 and Joseph born 1925 all born in Toxteth Liverpool. Iv'e never been able to trace any of these Children. I think it's unlikely that any of Christophers remaining Siblings would have taken the Children into their care on account of them being fairly old by 1932. 71 the oldest and 68 the youngest. It's possible that the Childrens Mother Elizabeths Siblings might have taken the Children into their care as they were much younger the oldest being 48 and the youngest 33. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any information about what became of these Children thanks.
best wishes
C O' Brien

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Nov 2012 15:07

Hi Cavin.
Firstly I would check to see if anyone else has these people in their tree - use 'search all trees' option from search box above right.
You have put some rather peculiar ages for the children, you might want to edit those!!
Have you looked for possible marriages on Freebmd? These names are fairly common, so if you can check if they had middle initials that would help you.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Nov 2012 15:10

Just a note - Maria was maybe mary?

Births Sep 1921 (>99%)
O'Brien Mary Devlin Toxteth P. 8b 377

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 15:55

Hope you don't mind..............

I'm wondering what happened to the Children of my great great Uncle, Christopher James O' Brien 1867-1927 and his wife Elizabeth 1892-1932 - whose single name was Devlin

they were both born in Liverpool England.

They married in early 1915 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel R.C. Church in Toxteth Liverpool.

their Children were Elizabeth born 1915
James born 1917
Margaret born 1920
Maria born 1921
and Joseph born 1925 all born in Toxteth Liverpool.

Iv'e never been able to trace any of these Children.

I think it's unlikely that any of Christophers remaining Siblings would have taken the Children into their care on account of them being fairly old by 1932.
71 the oldest and 68 the youngest.

It's possible that the Childrens Mother Elizabeths Siblings might have taken the Children into their care as they were much younger........the oldest being 48 and the youngest 33.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any information about what became of these Children thanks.
best wishes
C O' Brien

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 15:56

Haven't you tried looking for info on freebmd?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 16:02

Is there another post about this family?

It all seems VERY familiar...................

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 16:03

jan

I think you'll find that the ages do not refer to the children...........

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 16:06

This fits with the birth

Name: James O'Brien
Birth Date: 15 Aug 1917
Date of Registration: Mar 2004
Age at Death: 86
Registration district: Leeds
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register Number: H29C
District and Subdistrict: 092/1H
Entry number: 277