Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CHarmy

CHarmy Report 26 Jan 2013 19:58

Hi everyone

I wonder if you can help me; I am adopted and am seeking my birth parents.. I have been through all the proper channels, have had my counselling meeting and have my file. They were married at the time of my birth (and still are), I have an older full brother but sadly they were unable to keep me.

I found an address via 192 showing them in Longstanton in the 2002 census but I know that they moved to Swaffham in 2009.

However, how do I now find an address? I have a social worker who is happy to act as an intermediary once I have an address. I do not intend to approach them directly but have her write to them enclosing a letter from me; the last thing I wish to do is open wounds that are too painful.

However, I would love to get in contact with my brother who I have located via linked in and facebook (!) but feel I should not do so until I have made contact with my birth parents.

I am lucky that my parents are 100% behind me and have been helping me, but they are stumped! The only other link I have is a nomination to county council so I could potentially contact the person he was nominating to see if he has an address.

So - where could I go now? I have deliberately not included names here after reading various threads on adoption :-)

Thanks for any help - I am happy to pm the names if that helps

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jan 2013 20:15

PM me some names and I will take a look