Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts


ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


David Report 11 Feb 2013 17:08

Hi all,
I was adopted as a baby (1947) and have the usual Adoption Register birth certificate. All it tells me is that the adoption went through Barking Juvenile Court.

How would I begin to trace the name of my natural parents ?

Appreciate any help,

David Ruckert


brummiejan Report 11 Feb 2013 18:00

Hi David.

You should be able to access your adoption records, including full birth cert. This site has a lot of useful info, or you could contact social services dept for advice:

Good luck!



Kay???? Report 11 Feb 2013 18:04

Hi David,

Look at the top for a purple envelope.