Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to trace my Father; JOHN ARTHUR WOOD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Mar 2013 19:57

My father left us approx. 1962. As far as I know he went to Doncaster or Sheffield. He had lived with us in Carlisle. He was born 11th February 1921. He is (or was; don't know if still alive) approx. 6' to 6'2". He had dark brown hair but it was receding. He was of medium build.
His Mother was called Sarah (Sadie) Wood nee Botfield and his father was George; he had one sister called Mary.
He married my Mother, Nora Kegg nee Little, in 1948. He has 9 children; Jack, Pat (me), Joan, Sandra, Christine, Colin, Margaret, Brian. Kenneth.
My father was an electrician and when younger was a fireman. He was proud of the fact that he saved a man's life.
My father used to own a motorbike but he also liked cars.
AS he has such a common name, it is really difficult to find anything about him. Found birth and marriage details but if he has died that is what becomes difficult; because in Genes Reunited records there is no mention of birth dates in the death records.
His National Insurance number is AY68 76 69A.
When my father had been unseen for 7 years, my mother was forced (by the Social Security) to have him declared 'dead'. This was so that she could claim benefits for us all. I don't know how this affected his life but whatever, you keep the same NI number until the day you actually die.
You may remember someone like him or may be able to assist me and give me some idea of how I can find out if he has died or if he is still alive.
I would think that I may have brothers and / or sisters that I would dearly like to find out about and meet.
I would be grateful for any help.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Mar 2013 20:29

only cos the birth date matches

Name: John Arthur Wood
Birth Date: 11 Feb 1921
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1976
Age at Death: 55
Registration district: Fulham
Inferred County: London
Volume: 12
Page: 0725

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Mar 2013 21:31

Was your Mother John's second wife?

Because there appears to be a possible marriage registered for a John A Wood in 1937..........

England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005
about John A Wood
Name: John A Wood
Spouse Name: Doris Barnes
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1937
Registration district: Carlisle
Inferred County: Cumberland
Volume Number: 10b
Page Number: 1015

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Mar 2013 22:02

someone else is looking for him too, since 2007
John Arthur Wood b1921 Carlisle

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Mar 2013 22:02

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/940865

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 4 Mar 2013 00:19

Not sure if this is correct John but I also found this marriage of John wood to
Vera Gardiner Sept. 1942 in Carlisle.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Mar 2013 02:19

That death must be his. There are only 3 John A Woods registered in the March quarter of 1921.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Mar 2013 12:55

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1320692

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Mar 2013 15:01

thankyou Rose. Your info good. Appreciated. Pat