Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MONICA PICKETT BORN 1929 CARDIFF??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachbugs

Rachbugs Report 7 Mar 2013 21:45

Can anybody help me with any details about Monica Pickett, born 1929 in Cardiff? I cannot find any marriage records for her so I'm wondering if she never married, and I can't find any death records so she could be still with us. She was born to a ( presumably unmarried) lady also called Pickett.
My mother's natural mum was called Dorothy Pickett, she had my mum ( Stella Yvonne Pickett) in 1943 when she was 37 years old. My mum was adopted at a young age, and so far as I know had no contact with Dorothy.
Dorothy never married, I believe, and I'm wondering if Monica is/ was my mother's older sister?
I would be thrilled if anybody could shed any light on this...
Kind regards, Rachel <3

jax

jax Report 7 Mar 2013 21:49

If she was born to an unmarried lady, there is the chance she was adopted, hense no marriage record.

Without seeing the birth cert you have no reason to believe she was your mothers sister...apart from the fact she was born in the same area, with the same surname

patchem

patchem Report 7 Mar 2013 21:58

Have you tried to get hold of Monica's birth certificate for more information?

Rachbugs

Rachbugs Report 7 Mar 2013 22:21

Thank you, yes that was my next move, mutterings have been in the family that mum wasn't the only one....think I'll get on and order the birth cert and put myself out of my misery!!!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Mar 2013 14:46

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1319940