Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone help with an adoption issue please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tammy

tammy Report 20 Mar 2013 12:01

hi there,
im very new to this site and am gettin rather frustrated as i can find my mothers marriage in 1990 but cannot find her birth.i know she was adopted and i know her name post-adoption and i know her birth mothers surname was hudson when i was little,i know my mothers d.o.b and her adoptive family details i the area she was before she was adopted and the area after adoption,however,apart from that i do not have a clue on how to use this information or whether or not its enough to do anything with.i would be very greatful if anyone could help or guide me with the information i have please.
many thanks,
tam xx

Penny

Penny Report 20 Mar 2013 16:53

Basically you are looking to find out what name she was born with ...yes? Have you asked her?
If she was adopted her birth reg will be in her birth name, not her adopted one.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Mar 2013 17:11

Was your mother adopted as a baby or at a later date?

If your mother's birth mother was not married then you need to look for a birth in her birth mother's surname with the mother's maiden name in the index also being the same (Hudson). Look for female births in the quarter that your mother's birth would be registered (anytime up to six weeks after her birth date) and in the area where you think she was born.

If her birth mother was married then it may be more difficult to find the birth.

Kath. x

tammy

tammy Report 20 Mar 2013 17:22

hi,
thanks for all your help.i found her birth and my grandma but im trying to find my grandmas marriage records and cannot find anything,i have her name and year of birth but do not know who she married....does anyone have any tips please?
thank you

tammy

tammy Report 20 Mar 2013 17:24

penny....i did obviously think of asking my mother but we are not all fortunate enough to have one that cares who we are and if we exist so it was not an option.
thanks anyway

Penny

Penny Report 20 Mar 2013 22:05

Maybe she doesn't want what is , after all her past, digging up.
I didnt mean to sound facecious when i said had you asked her.

Does she know you are researching this?

You are confusing things a bit - whose birth have you found? your mothers? Now you are looking for her parents names- yes?

tammy

tammy Report 21 Mar 2013 08:59

penny.....
due to a past that im not willing to discuss which my mother caused i cannot ask her these things and i have now found my mothers birth and her birth mothers birth but struggling to find her birth mothers marriage now.i do not have a clue as to who her father was though.which is why i have opened a different thread about 'Hay' family.......turns out i had the wrong surname first off.
thanks