Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to trace my cousin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

may

may Report 23 Mar 2013 03:41

im trying to trace my cousin mae jamieson nee storrie,last known address,glasgow,scotland please get in contact,or anyone who knows of her and her family.also any storrie family.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Mar 2013 05:37

Have you tied 192.com?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2013 06:16

There is a Mae Jamieson on facebook.
As you have given no indication of her age it is difficult to tell whether she could be your cousin.
Do you know the name of her husband, and are her parents still alive, and their names?
Thank-you.

may

may Report 23 Mar 2013 12:38

hi, thank you for your reply,i have no idea what her husbands name is/was.i think she would be in her late fifties/ early sixties.both her parents passed away,they were my uncle/aunt from my mothers side.she has a younger sister,her two brothers have passed away. not sure now if there was a third brother.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Mar 2013 13:09

May, I would suggest you try contacting the Mae Jamieson on Facebook, as found by Patchem. Worth a try.
There doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate on 192.com. If the Facebook contact doesn't work out, it would really help you if you can find out who she married - I assume these records are available on Scotlands People site?
Or if you have an address you might check out the electoral register to see who she was living with.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2013 13:17

So she was born about 1950 to 1955.
Would this be in Glasgow or elsewhere in Scotland?
Can you remember any names of her siblings, and when were you last in contact with the family?
If she is married to Mr Jamieson but you do not know his name, you cannot look up e.g. bt online for Glasgow for M Jamieson as the entry is usually under the man's name.
If you believe this is totally Scottish based could you alter your title to include that as I have no knowledge of Scottish records.
As you know her parents' names, you can look to see if anyone on here has either of them in their trees, and then try and contact possible relatives.

Added:
Do you know if she had any children, and what names they had?

may

may Report 23 Mar 2013 22:04

hi, she has children but have no idea how many or what they are.she lives in Westwood East Kilbride.Glasgow,i have sent her a letter to the address she sent me in a sympathy card after my mom passed away.Up to now i havent had a reply.i have put my phone number.email address in it,and my address on the back of the envelope in case it gets returned,i dont know what else i can do.thank you for your help.kind regards.

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2013 22:27

You do not say how long ago you sent the letter.
Have you checked for a telephone number for any Jamieson at that address?
If you are prepared to wait, try again at Christmas - card plus address etc just in case your first letter went AWOL.
Have you tried the facebook site - 2 'children' Michelle and David.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2013 08:21

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1323001