Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Leslie Stanley Morait

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 9 Apr 2013 20:25

Hi,

I'm trying to find my father. I've never known him but I'm 27 and its started palying on my mind that I still don't know the other half of me. I appreciate ANY help that anyone can give!

Heres what I know:
He was born Leslie Stanley Morait in 1955 in Wrexham.
His fathers name is Stanley and his mothers name was Beryl.
He was married in the early 80's then married my mum in 1985 and then was married again in 1988.
His last marriage was to a lady called Susan Sinclair and they were married in Penzance.
I think he may have another daughter by the name of Karen Anne Morait to another lady in 1987 in Truro.

The last info I have on him is nearly as old as me so I realise he could be anywhere by now but I feel as though I shouldn't give up.
He has family in Wrexham still and I have contacted one of them via Facebook but they aren't interested. I've literally tried everything so you guys are my last hope!

PLEASE help if you think you may be able to!!
Charlotte xx

patchem

patchem Report 9 Apr 2013 20:48

There is a Susan A Morait in Wrexham on 192.com. Is this his 3rd wife?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Apr 2013 20:57

The Wrexham listed Susan has a David with her not a Leslie

patchem

patchem Report 9 Apr 2013 21:05

The David could be a son.
(Possibly born before the marriage?)
192 claims Susan in her 50's and David in his 30's.

His father, Stanley, appeared to be living with Stanley's daughter and son-in-law in Wrexham from 2002 to 2006.

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 9 Apr 2013 21:19

Susan is his 1st wife so David is technically my brother. I've already found all the guys in Wrexham via 192 etc but thank you anyway! :-D

patchem

patchem Report 9 Apr 2013 21:24

So are all the Wrexham ones not interested?

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 9 Apr 2013 21:30

Pretty much. I contacted a guy who is my cousin and he said he'd spoke to his parents about being in contact with me and they apparently said to not speak to me again. Which is fine as I'm not trying to find him for everyone else, in trying to find him for me. I just don't know what else to do. I can't find any death record for him so I think he's still alive, it may just be a case of him not being on the electoral roll. Someone can't just disappear after being married 3 times and possibly having 3 or more kids! :-S

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Apr 2013 22:34

His first wife and son are on Facebook.

Rose

Lesley

Lesley Report 25 Apr 2013 22:04

Hi Charlotte I'm Lesley, one of the daughters of Peter John Morait, eldest brother of Stanley Morait. who was one of 13 children, my dad was the oldest, There is another brother, Nick who lives in Kirkby Merseyside and I think he's in the phone directory for that area or at least he was 3 years ago. There is a Simon Morait he's got a business that operates around Wrexham, Mobile Tyres, If he's got children everywhere he may be out of the country I know a lot of the Moraits emigrated to New Zealand, I know my dads sister, Irene is over there and I think Dorothy is there too Hope this helps Good Luck.........................Keep in touch??????????? ;-) P.S. Sounds like a job for Jeremy Kyle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-0

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 25 Apr 2013 23:29

Hello Lesley, welcome to the boards.

It's only a couple of weeks since Charlotte posted but in case she's not checking back every day for replies a quicker way to make contact would be to click on her name to send a direct message.