Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marie Bottomley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madeleine

Madeleine Report 15 May 2013 19:35

I have a distant relative named Marie Bottomley. She will be quite old now, should she still be alive. When I was young I often bumped into her in the Walworth / East Street area of South London. . I believe she may have lived in the area near Lower Marsh .Perhaps Peabody Buildings. I am talking about late 1940's early 1950's.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thank you. Madeleine

jax

jax Report 15 May 2013 19:42

Is this her married name or maiden name? roughly when was she born?

patchem

patchem Report 15 May 2013 21:17

Do you know if she had any other name?
There is no obvious death showing for her in that area.
Do you know if she had any family?
Thank-you.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 May 2013 07:50

I assume she is the one born 1927?

She used to be a director at the Waterloo Action Centre until 2005.

Contact them here:

http://www.waterlooactioncentre.co.uk

Rose

Madeleine

Madeleine Report 17 May 2013 17:44

I appear to be using the wrong reply system. Just to thank you so much for finding out about Marie for me. I will contact the address you have given me, and let you know how I get on. Many thanks. Madeleine :-D

Madeleine

Madeleine Report 17 May 2013 19:49

Thank you for your offer of help. I think that I am going to find out stuff now. Madeleine