Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Born ROY HUNT? May 1946?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mandy1

Mandy1 Report 21 May 2013 20:41

Hi all, Im searching for my Uncle that i only found out about after the passing of my nan. He was named Roy Hunt at birth. 'Roy was born in Southampton. He was sent to his adoptive family in August of 1946 and officially adopted on 27th February 1947. His mothers name is Annie Louise Hunt. On Roys birth certificate she signed it Annie Louisa Hunt and on the Adoption form it is signed as A.L.Hunt ...... Roy', My family would dearly love to meet you. Especially my Dad. If anyone reading this knows him please please please msg me.

Thank you ~Mandy~

RottenR

RottenR Report 21 May 2013 21:56

If my memory serves me, recently, there were a couple of threads looking for this. Person, both of which have seemed to have gone.

I think that one poster had the screen name "Locator" and the other was another "Wendy" .

As there appeared some suggestions and advice on both those threads perhaps you should try to contact those posters and ask for the info they got.

They may be able to help you.

Pamz

Pamz Report 21 May 2013 22:11

Hi Stone Wall yes my post was put up before Mandy had subscribed = unable to post herself, it was taken down due to duplication and sadly I was not able to retrieve the helpful comments received for Mandy:

These are the ALL the helpful comments from Mandy's post, there were also a couple DUPLICATED suggestions along these lines.

Mandy, have you tried registering on the National Adoption Register? (I am assuming all this took place in the UK!). If Roy is looking for his birth family - or does so in the future - he might register on there.
And do try checking other peoples' trees for any names you have, on the off-chance he or other members of his family are also researching. Use the search box above and select 'search all trees'.
Jan

If all else fails, you could try a personal ad in a local paper - obviously you don't know where his adoptive parents were living, but a fair chance they were in the same area - worth a try anyway.
I assume your father is his brother? I am not 100% sure about this, but it might be worth asking if his contact details can be put on Roy's adoption file - again, if he ever accesses these records then at least that would be there.
Jan

From +++Detective+++
Is this his birth?

Births Jun 1946
Hunt Roy Hunt Southampton 2c 182

If it is, have you considered adding a "post'em" to the entry on freebmd with a 'throw-away' email address (@gmail or similar) asking for him or his relatives to contact you? Its a bit of a long shot, but you never know!

http://www2.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/information.pl?r=191051437&d=bmd_1366030354

Added 19/05/13 - Mandy has confirmed by PM that Roy was born 22 May 1946. Full dob posted as his name will now be different due to adoption.

Posted on behalf of Mandy who is new to this....

Joy

Joy Report 21 May 2013 22:18

Mandy, I am sure GR could retrieve your previous thread that seems to have gone missing.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 May 2013 22:53

Mandy told us she was going to delete her thread and start a new one.

I asked her to be sure to C&P all the advice etc to the new one, but.............

On the other one............

She was advised to use the national adoption contact register.....and to put Roy's details in her GR tree.

She told us that her father was planning to add himself to Roy's adoption file................

There is little chance of anyone other than the man himself recognizing the birth details as those of the person he is today

It is also possible that he is unaware that he was adopted

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 May 2013 05:38

There was a lot more useful information added to the previous threads ........

......... only some of which has been transferred here by members other than Mandy.

I fear more duplication of work will be done.

georgettetaylor

georgettetaylor Report 22 May 2013 22:36

Nudge :-). Xx

Mandy1

Mandy1 Report 23 May 2013 15:27

A Huge Thank you
To Locater and all for posting old threads for me. I appreciate it :)

~Mandy~

georgettetaylor

georgettetaylor Report 6 Jun 2013 08:40

nudge <3 xx

Mandy1

Mandy1 Report 12 Jun 2013 09:25

nudge...

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Dec 2013 14:04

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1334898