Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hunt for our sister continues.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 17 Jun 2013 18:47

Can anyone help? We are desparately searching for our sister now known as KAREN TURNER. d.o.b. September 1958. She was born to Mrs JESSIE BOWDEN at St Olives Nursing home in St Albans and given the name GLENDA and later adopted but we dont know her maiden name.She was last heard of in the Maidenhead area when she visited her birth mother in hospital about 10 years ago. We have a feeling that this was a private adoption so Social Services dont have any records! Any help locating Karen welcome as she has 2 whole sisters waiting to meet her. Thanks.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2013 18:58

surely if she was born to Jessie BOWDEN then her name would be registered as Bowden??

This must be her birth reg
Name: Glenda Bowden
Mother's Maiden Surname: Keir
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1958
Registration District: St Albans
Inferred County: Norfolk
Volume Number: 4b
Page Number: 383

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2013 19:01

possible address from FMP wiil PM

jax

jax Report 17 Jun 2013 19:04

There is already a thread about this and I had sent the address in May, Ruth has already written to that one but omitted to mention that on the thread

So everything is now being duplicated

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1325051

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2013 19:15

Not good then as I have wasted my time :-|

Ruth

Ruth Report 18 Jun 2013 22:22

Thanks very much everyone - no one has wasted time and I am happy to help others - have written again and was waiting for reply