Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for birth mother Gillian Matthews

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 19 Jun 2013 00:44

Hi looking for my birth mother have been for more than 20 years now I was born in 1968 and was named Linda Anne Matthews I was adopted in 1969 in Wolverhampton on my birth certificate it says my mother lived in Dudley and that's all that I know except that her name was Gillian Matthews pls if anyone knows her pls let me know thanks

Flip

Flip Report 19 Jun 2013 08:08

Have you applied for your adoption file, it should have more details than just her name.

Also, your birth cert should have an address for her - you could check the electoral rolls a couple of years either side of your birth with the hope her family lived there.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jun 2013 09:09

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register

And bear in mind that this site is not secure, and any family the lady has now may notbe aware of your existence

Judith Rosemary

Judith Rosemary Report 20 Jun 2013 12:36

Have you anymore imformation on your birth mum eg address when you were born if you sent for your orginal birth cert .

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 20 Jun 2013 15:06

On Ancestry theres a birth ref for a Gillian W. Matthews born 1949 Wolverhampton??

You really do need your adoption file. Maybe theres a middle name for Gillian.
Once you find that then the next step would be to see if she ever married.

Good luck and take care
Geraldine.

PS.. I see that your own birth was Wolverhampton too.

PPS..Theres also a marriage for Gillian W. in 1973 Wolverhampton.

Flip

Flip Report 20 Jun 2013 15:48

Think we need Cynthia to send one of her friendly messages on how to return to a thread, I'll PM her. Hadn't realised the poster was new to this.