Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Steven Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keilin

Keilin Report 20 Jun 2013 12:46

I am desperately trying to find my adopted son Steven who was adopted at birth. Born at Marston Green Hospital, Birmingham on 17th November, 1966
Have already registered with The National Adoption Register, UK
Any help would be most welcome

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jun 2013 14:01

The most obvious step for you to take is to look in 'search all trees'.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 20 Jun 2013 14:13

Good luck with your search Keilin.
My Nephew found us on this site as I had his name in my family tree. He was born in 1957 and he found us 5 years ago. Don't give up :-)
Geraldine

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 20 Jun 2013 15:21

As I wrote on the other thread on chat....

There is a Steven Morgan born 1966 Birmingham in the Search Trees.....there are two instances, one by a Steven.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jun 2013 15:53

have you looked in 'search all trees'?

If not.......do so!

jax

jax Report 20 Jun 2013 16:03

There is more than one Steven Morgan born the same area same year...so may not be him....but worth a try

Annina

Annina Report 20 Jun 2013 18:21

Hi Kealin,I found my brother on facebook after 40 yrs of searching. Good luck with yours.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jun 2013 21:43

I don't think the OP is 'listening'

Keilin

Keilin Report 23 Jun 2013 11:42

Thank you all. Have requested to view the family trees of two members of the same name but as yet, no reply. I live in Spain but managed to speak to the Post Adoption Team of Social Workers, Solihull Council. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me but suggested I contact after adoption.org.uk which I'm going to do.
Have found the record transcription which I believe might be Steven. My maiden name Morgan tallies but since I cannot view my christian names, I can't be sure.
I have registered with the Adoption Contact Register years ago. Contacted Norcap years ago, placed a letter with his birth record files.
I appreciate all your efforts

Sheila

Sheila Report 24 Jun 2013 15:36

Keilin

Norcap have now gone bankrupt and I think a lot of the local councils are outsourcing searches to other agencies, not sure if there will be fee involved. the best thing you can do in the meantime is contact them and see what they say and post in as many sites as possible, and also make sure you have both yourself in his name in your tree on here. Good Luck !

Keilin

Keilin Report 24 Jun 2013 19:01

Thanks Sheila

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2013 22:34

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1328197

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2013 22:39

If you only sent GR's standard 'can i view your tree' message, I'm not surprised you've had no response.

Remove the auto message, and put your own words.................giving some idea of your reason for making contact....................without being too specific, of course. Tact is essential.............

Keilin

Keilin Report 18 Jul 2013 22:57

Thanks for that Reggie. I didn't realise. Will amend now