Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Beverley Ann Baker Born 1958

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kathryn

kathryn Report 24 Jun 2013 17:25

I was born on 19th April 1976 and was named Carol Ann Baker. I believe my biological mother was from Nottingham however gave birth at jessops hospital then gave me up for adoption. I am wanting to find her so if anyone knows her or can put in contact with her please let me know.

Thanks

Kathryn (previously known as Carol Ann Baker)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Jun 2013 17:41

Welcome to the boards Kathryn.
Have you put your details on the National Adoption Register, in case she or other family members are looking for you?
Also, can I ask if you have full access to your adoption file? Just wondering as you say you 'believe' your mother was from Nottingham. How sure are you of her birth year? I can see the birth you mean, and there seem to be quite a few possible siblings if this is right - are you aware of this?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Jun 2013 17:43

Is Jessops Hospital in Sheffield? Not sure if relevant, but there is a marriage of someone of this name there in 1977.
Jan

kathryn

kathryn Report 24 Jun 2013 21:46

Hi jan,

Thankyou for your reply. Yes jessops is in Sheffield.
I have read a piece of paper my parents let me have
Stating my biological mother was 17 when she
Had me. It stated that her family were from Nottingham.
Not sure where to go from here. I haven't registered anywhere
Else at present. How do I find the marriage you
Have mentioned?

Thanks

Kathryn

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Jun 2013 22:16

Hi Kathryn.

I found the marriage on Ancestry, where I have a subscription.
I shall PM you those details, plus the birth registration which fits your information, with possible siblings.

If you go to this site it tells you about the contact register and about obtaining your adoption records - it might be best to do this first I think:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Jan

kathryn

kathryn Report 25 Jun 2013 08:22

Thankyou Jan thats great, look forward to receiving your PM.

Kathryn

kathryn

kathryn Report 25 Jun 2013 19:46

Thank you

jax

jax Report 25 Jun 2013 20:13

Kathryn

I would have thought Jan sent the details in private for a reason

This lady does not know she is being spoken about on here and it is not a secure site and anything posted can be found on google

You do not even know that she is the correct person you are looking for

kathryn

kathryn Report 25 Jun 2013 21:20

Sorry I didn't realise, new to this! Can I retract my post!

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Jun 2013 22:16

Kathryn, if you wish to delete everything, just delete the first posting - 'delete' is in blue just above what you have typed.
Jan