Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for half sister.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jul 2013 12:08

I have recently been informed that I may have a half sister who was fathered by my Dad during a liaison he had with a lady by the name of Dora Arnell. My Dad was married to my Mum at the time. He took Dora up to his relatives in Newcastle from Burnley. Eventually the relationship with her came to an end and he returned to my Mum. I believe however that Dora had a baby girl called Margaret, born between 1948-1952. My Dad bought a pram and baby things for them.It is said that the baby was born in Burnley. My Dad's name was David Mitchell, and my Mum Alice. I can't be sure how accurate the dates, names, or even the sex of the baby are as anyone with that information has taken it to their grave. I have tried all ways to find out about this lady and her baby, to no avail. I'm hoping this may ring a bell with someone out there who may be able to help. Thankyou for taking the time to read this. :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Jul 2013 15:12

Have you looked for anything re. Dora? If the name is correct, it's very unusual, and there only seems to be one which might fit, born in 1926. This can be found on Freebmd:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

There is a likely marriage in 1947 though, so maybe not too likely?

Jan

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2013 08:09

Hi Jan,Thanks for your help and the link. I'm just getting the hang of all this, it's a bit overwhelming right now, but I shall take your advice and sit down with a cuppa this afternoon and checkout your suggestions. Thanks once again.

Linda. :-)

patchem

patchem Report 21 Jul 2013 08:13

This thread was posted at the same time by mistake, and replies are on the other one:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1328303