Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for family of john thompson winterton linc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rebecca

rebecca Report 22 Jul 2013 16:03

im looking for brothers and cousins of my dad john thompson born aug 1950 dod 2003 i beleave his brothers are called jim he may live in the sleaford area of lincolnshire and will be in his 60s he has another brother called steve or stephen on whom i have no information but i beleave he may live in australia my dads mother being kathleen maisie thompson (cooper) dob feb 1921 dod dec 1969 and his dad been francais thompson dob roughly 1923 dod 1988 im also looking for my dads cousins named barbara and christine cooper of scunthorpe or maybe winterton also any other living relatives as i have no information to go by my dad and his dad lived in winterton in lincolnshire before moving to scunthorpe in the 80s my dad s former wife i beleave was called sue so if anyone has any information please get in touch also my dad was a worker on the scunthorpe steel works in the 80s and 90s :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2013 16:09

If you look on FreeBMD using the surname combination you should be able to find his parents marriage and his siblings names

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2013 16:38

To start you off!

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page
Marriages Mar 1941
Cooper Kathleen M Thompson Chesterfield 7b 1961

Thompson Francis F Cooper Chesterfield 7b 1961

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2013 16:49

Name: Kathleen Maisie Thompson
Birth Date: Feb 1921
Date of Registration: Dec 1969
Age at Death: 48
Registration District: Scunthorpe
Inferred County: Lincolnshire
Volume: 3b
Page: 1014

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2013 17:19

Not seeing the death for Francis

Tania

Tania Report 22 Jul 2013 17:23

there is only one death for a francis frank born 1922[born in aston] and died 1997 in birmingham

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 08:41

Shirley mentioned freebmd........this is the URL

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 08:42

Hope you don't mind...........but I can't deal with blocks of unpunctuated text

im looking for brothers and cousins of my dad john thompson born aug 1950 dod 2003

i beleave his brothers are called jim he may live in the sleaford area of lincolnshire and will be in his 60s

he has another brother called steve or stephen on whom i have no information but i beleave he may live in australia

my dads mother being kathleen maisie thompson (cooper) dob feb 1921 dod dec 1969 and his dad been francais thompson dob roughly 1923 dod 1988

im also looking for my dads cousins named barbara and christine cooper of scunthorpe or maybe winterton also any other living relatives as i have no information to go by

my dad and his dad lived in winterton in lincolnshire before moving to scunthorpe in the 80s

my dad s former wife i beleave was called sue so if anyone has any information please get in touch

also my dad was a worker on the scunthorpe steel works in the 80s and 90s

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 08:44

The Cooper girls must be the children of a brother to Kathleen

Find her birth on freebmd, then look for births of siblings.

Follow through on them, looking for marriages, and children

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 08:46

Expanding on Tania's info

Births Dec 1922 (>99%)
Thompson Francis F Jennings Aston 6d 785

Death
Name: THOMPSON, Francis Frank
Registration district: Birmingham
County: Warwickshire
Year of registration: 1997
Month of registration: April
Date of Birth:28 October 1922
District no: 0611N
Reg no: N8B
Ent no: 141
DOR: 497

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 08:51

You will need to get the 1941 marriage cert............there are 4 Kathleen M Cooper birth registrations in JFM 1921, so no way of knowing which one is hers until you find out her father's name, and cross-refer with possible marriages for her parents.

..............unless you know 100% where she was born...............or the first name of either of her parents

The cert can be ordered on line from the GRO, and will cost £9.25, inclusive of postage

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 08:57

Unless your father had children with his first wife, she and her family are in no way connected to you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 09:10

A member named Tony MAY have Francis in his GR tree...................find Francis on here under 'search all trees'.............and send a contact message to Tony

And put your tree on GR......................but remember that you must not include any living people whose permission you have not obtained.

Putting your tree on here may turn up some contacts...............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jul 2013 09:12

I can't see any conclusive evidence of brothers for your father..............but look for info yourself.............you may spot something which isn't apparent to unconnected people

rebecca

rebecca Report 24 Jul 2013 14:00

i have recently found my grandads death record and my nanna and grandad marridge record i no 100 percent my dad has brothers as i met him once never to be seen again and electroll and 192 have come to a dud so thanks to everyone for your input

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2013 22:23

Rebecca

Go to freebmd.............

.................find your father's birth registration

Then use the surnames to try to find siblings................................

You say you 'know'.....he had brothers.....

Are you 100% sure that they were FULL brothers?

When and where did your grandparents marry?

BTW.....please delete the other thread you posted

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2013 22:30

Marriages Mar 1941 (>99%)

Cooper Kathleen M Thompson Chesterfield 7b 1961
Thompson Francis F Cooper Chesterfield 7b 1961

Now go to freebmd............put in the surnames................and 'start' from Mar 1941.............see what results you get

I think you'll come to the same conclusion as I have............NO James........NO Steven/Stephen

You haven't made any comment of the info people have taken the trouble to find for you.....................perhaps you would do so..........

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2013 22:40

On your other thread, you give different info about your grandfather

................you say that this is his death...............

Death
Name: THOMPSON, Francis Smythe
Registration district: Scunthorpe
County: Lincolnshire
Year of registration: 1985
Month of registration: June
Date of Birth:22 November 1919
Volume no: 7
Page no: 1194
Reg no: 685

BUT......there is no birth on freebmd to match..................so was he born outside of England/Wales?

Do you have any documentary proof of any of the info you have been working on?

Your father's birth cert would be very useful..............

...........we would like to be able to help you..............but we - and you - need some hard facts