Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MCGLYNN BERNARD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 1 Sep 2013 21:07

trying to find information about my biological father, no date of birth known, last known to be living in Manchester. Has a son (my brother) called Darren.
Not expecting much in the form of contact- dont think he knows of my existence. After information to fill in the gaps and curiousity. Contact is welcomed.

patchem

patchem Report 2 Sep 2013 06:35

Have you tried 192.com - this will show you approximately how many men of that name are living in England, Scotland and Wales, and where they are living and approximate ages?

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 9 Sep 2013 17:14

Updates for Darren Vincent McGlynn. Year of birth is thought to be 1981, apologies for wrong date. The address I had been given for Hawthorn Ave in Manchester in unfortunately not the correct person. :(
Never mind, back to the beginning. Not looked on 192.com yet as everything has been moving quickly with the Dunne searches and some progress on Mark Anthony Cree so poor McGlynns have taken a backseat.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Sep 2013 09:22

If he stayed in the area of his birth then there is one on FreeBMD born 1948

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 11 Sep 2013 21:23

Sorry if I'm going over old ground but I swear there are some posts missing here?

Are you full or half siblings? Which decade are we talking about?

According to the Electoral Roll there are 5 Bernard McGlynn's in the UK
1923 in London S.W.
1940 in Swansea
1946 in Ely
1953 in Middlesborough and
1955 in Birmingham

Regards
Elliot

patchem

patchem Report 11 Sep 2013 21:43

Are you sure that the Manchester address is incorrect - or they just do not want contact?

(And the year of birth is 1982 for McGlynn/Cree)

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 11 Sep 2013 21:58

Someone e-mailed me to say that it is not the correct person and gave me their parents names including Maiden names. I can only assume that they are telling the truth.

Regards missing posts - I have several people I am looking for on different threads as I came on all erratic and just wanted to get it down and not really considering confusing the people helping me, sorry.

I am looking for my biological father Bernard McGlynn (may not know about me), I know an address he used to live at with Darren (my full brother, also looking for) but nothing else about Bernard. I don't know his age, I am 28 my mum is 66, so working around general possibilities.

Also looking for half siblings, Alana Dunne, Mary Dunne (found Dennis and know that Patrick has died). They were known to be living in the London area. Father Dennis Dunne.

Also looking for half brother Mark Anthony Cree, born in 1964.

We all share the same mother. Updates are on the various threads hence why I have confused people. Sorry everyone.

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 11 Sep 2013 22:46

Cheers for the clarity

How do you now Mark's middle name is Anthony? There is a Mark Andrew Cree, aged 49, formally of Nottingham now living in Sutton-In-Ashfield.

Your mum married Anthony and had Mark but did she marry Dennis or Bernard?

Elliot81

Elliot81 Report 11 Sep 2013 23:11

I may be getting confused. There is a marriage between an Anthony Cree and an Ann Biddle in 1963. Parents of the only Mark Cree born in 1964. Are these his parents?

jax

jax Report 12 Sep 2013 00:00

As Donna has a few threads about who she is looking for...you will find this is the one about Mark

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1330896

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 12 Sep 2013 09:59

My mum told me Marks middle name is Anthony. His father is unknown as my mum did not realise she was pregnant.

I was brought up by an Anthony who is on my birth certificate as my father but I have since been told that Bernard McGlynn is actually my genetic father.

My mum has only married Anthony Carey in 1986 I believe. It has been.confirmed that she did not marry Dennis Dunne.

DonnaHunter

DonnaHunter Report 5 Mar 2014 21:21

Hi, I have had to take some time out from looking as I am on my final year of my teaching degree so had to put the stress to one side. Do you know if there is anyway of finding out if someone has emigrated?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Mar 2014 23:10

If the man you have named does not know of your existence, do you think you are being fair in naming him on this insecure site?