Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DREW WRIGHT...49yrs Old...My Uncle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melitta

Melitta Report 19 Sep 2013 15:11

Hello All, i hope your searches are going well and bringing you answers you never dreamed you would find.

I am looking for my uncle Andrew Lee Wright Gorton...though its believed that when he went off to WSCAD (West Surrey College of Art & Design) or Farnham College of Art & Design as it was known before the merge, He was known as Drew Wright. This would have been circa 1983-7 (a friend from college says Drew started the course in 1982/3 and did 1 year, went home for holidays and came back for second year but doesnt remember when he left. Family says i was already born the last time they saw Drew which is 87 and he was still at college in london because he went back shortly after...so some confusion around dates)
As far as i know, 1987/8 is the last time my other uncles, grandmother or my mother saw Drew, he was believed to have dropped out of college, gone to Amsterdam for a while before returning to England and staying in a Hostel in Todmorden, near Rochdale where he was born in Lancashire. This was 2005-ish again dates are hazy as i can't confirm the source for this information.

Im basically looking for anyone that may have some information on his whereabouts AFTER college as this seems to be as far as i can get in my search and he would be 49 now so thats a very long way back. If anyone thinks they may know something or has any better experience in looking for living relatives and could help me in some way i would be so very appreciative.

Christine

Christine Report 19 Sep 2013 15:43

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1327284

Penny

Penny Report 19 Sep 2013 15:46

So Officailly his name was Andrew lee Wright Gorton, but he shortened it to Drew and used Wright as his surname....yes?

Penny

Penny Report 19 Sep 2013 15:52

which of the routes already advised have you explored?

Penny

Penny Report 19 Sep 2013 18:08

I am not sure even a private investigator could find someone if you don't know what name they are using

Flip

Flip Report 20 Sep 2013 08:01

Do you actually have a copy of his birth certificate - it's just that there must have been an amendment at some point as the reference changed from 10d 154 to 10d 965/s

Could there be a clue from this?

Flip

Flip Report 20 Sep 2013 08:36

No Fairthorn, he was born in 1964 according to another site on which this has been posted (google the full name). and his birth reg makes no mention of Lee.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 20 Sep 2013 08:57

CHEERS FLIP

Blimey that website with the posting, click and it reveals the full DOB of the poster

:-S

Flip

Flip Report 20 Sep 2013 09:01

Yes, I know - not good but what can you do if someone wants to publish their full details for anyone to see.