Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family of George F Brown b 1915 Aberdeen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 31 Oct 2013 20:25

I would love to make contact with any of the children of George Falconer Brown who lived in Chiswick, London for many years and died there in 1978.
He married Christina Walker in 1941 and together they had 4 children; Leslie who I have found out died in 2002, George W b1947 Brian C b1949 and Lesley E b1953. The latter three were all born in London.
I have no idea what happened to the children after attending Valerie's wedding in 1969.
Can anyone put me on the right track?
Regards
Colin

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 Oct 2013 20:32

Hi Colin.
Have you tried 192.com? The best way I have found is to google the name - e.g. 'brian walker 192.com'. This way you can see locations, though not full details as site is pay-per-view.
There is a Brian Colin Walker living in Sevenoaks, for example, might be worth a look.
Alternatively, you might consider getting the death cert for Leslie as the informant is likely to be a relative.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 31 Oct 2013 20:40

Who was Valerie?

Thank-you

Colin

Colin Report 31 Oct 2013 21:22

Hi Jan & Patchem
The children' surnames were Brown not Walker
Yes I have tried 192.com but their names are so common that it is difficult to identify the right person from the various lists.
Valerie (not Leslie as I have written) was their first born. She married a Peter F Williams in London in 1969 and went to live in North Devon where she died in 2002. Sorry for the mistake.
I hope the above is clear.
Regards
Colin

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 Oct 2013 22:06

Sorry, got in a knot there!
Have you any idea if Valerie had children?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 Oct 2013 22:14

There is one Hounslow Williams/Brown birth which is in the right timescale - not sure if it helps but will PM the details. (They married in Hounslow).
Otherwise my feeling would be to get the death cert for Valerie - it's recent enough for the address(es) to possibly be of some help.
Jan

Colin

Colin Report 31 Oct 2013 23:01

Hi Jan
It certainly looks like a son of theirs.
For your information I came across a family tree on GR that contained the Brown family and that belonged to a Lisa Williams. Sadly I could not get a reply from her to a message I sent.
Regards
Colin

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Nov 2013 09:16

Who registered Valerie's death?

How long is it since you sent the message to the GR member?

Colin

Colin Report 1 Nov 2013 10:47

Hi Reggie
In answer to your questions
1. I have not obtained a copy of her death certificate so i do not know who registered her death. However I have a feeling that it was her husband Peter.
2.. I sent the most recent message to Lisa Williams at the end of April this year but the message remains unopened which suggests she may have changed her email address or her GR membership has lapsed.
I hope that answers your questions
Regards
Colin

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Nov 2013 13:03

If you get a copy of the cert, you'll have facts............and an address

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Nov 2013 13:10

It appears from the ER on FMP that Peter was living until at least 2012 at the address he shared with Valerie.

So look for info on 192..............or in the phone book. There is an entry in the current edition for P Williams at the address on the ER

Colin

Colin Report 2 Nov 2013 11:05

Hi All
I have decided to obtain a copy of Valerie's death certificate and then to check the latest phone book to see if Peter is still living at the same address, perhaps with a new partner. Wish me luck.
in the meantime thanks to you all for your help
Regards
Colin

Colin

Colin Report 28 Nov 2013 16:27

I am pleased to report that I have now made contact with my long-lost cousins. I did so by obtaining a copy of Valery's death certificate which showed her address at the time of her death. I then wrote to the address hoping that her husband Peter still lived there which he did. He then put me in touch with her sister Lesley and surprise, surprise her mother and my aunt is still going strong at the age of 98.
Thanks to all at GR for their help
Colin

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Nov 2013 16:45

Thats a lovely result

Thanks for coming back to let people know. :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2013 17:28

That's great Colin, & thanks for reporting back. I am a great fan of getting death certs as I too found family members this way.
Best wishes,
Jan